The theme supports community building through the possibility of letting users submit news and displaying them with the help of a sidebar widget. Further a logged in user can create a favorite post list of entries he or she likes.
The theme comes with 4 widgets
- front page login->logged in users see a small administrative interface
- sidebar widget for displaying community news
- widget for displaying favorite posts of a user
These widgets can be used in 4 different widget areas:
“Sidebar-tabs” automatically creates jQuery tabs out of the widgets that are applied to it, the other 3 areas display it in “normal mode”.
(jQuery support, parralax scrolling header, tabs, smooth scrooling for anchor links…)
You also have the possibility to add your Google analytics code here.
Another addition: in the write post panel you can flag a post as featured now and attach a large image, this will be displayed as featured post. You dont need a specific category for featured posts any more.
- Parallax Scrolling Header
- Breadcrumb navigation with nested page/category support
- CSS Drowpdown Menu enhanced with jQuery
- Gravatar Support
- Comments of Post Author and admin are highlighted
- Seperation of comments and trackbacks
- Header PSD included: the text is made out of layer styles and fully editable so you can easly change the name of the site. You can also easily change the background image and add your own scrolling scenario ;)
- Valid HTML/CSS works in every major browser (Firefox 2+3, IE6, 7, 8 Beta1, Chrome, Safari, Opera)
If you want to test it head over to Communizine Homepage.
Account creation is enabled if you want to test the favorite posts feature