Enfold has had a pretty busy update schedule since release with lots of new features being added in as we get requests for them. The theme also needs to stay up to date with the newest version of WordPress and all of the supported plugins (like WooCommerce) so staying up to date is important.
Update through WordPress
From within the Enfold theme admin you can add your ThemeForest username and API key to get automatic update notifications just like you would from a theme installed from the WordPress directory. (Please note that this option was not available in older versions of the theme and was added later, so if you can’t see the “Theme Update” Panel below you need to manually update the Theme as described below)
Your UserName will be the same one you use on ThemeForest. You can find your API key from your Settings>API Keys section:
Once you have added these options WordPress will check Themeforest for theme updates every 12 hours. If you want to immediately check for an update make sure to save the new options, then head over to Dashboard->Updates. This will force WordPress to check for updates immediately.
Update manually via FTP
You can also update over FTP if you run into any issues with the WordPress updater or if you just want a bit more control over the updating process.
- Log into themeforest with the username that you have used to purchase the Theme
- Open: http://themeforest.net/downloads
- Click the download button and download the Installable WordPress file only”:
- Unzip the folder
- Open your Ftp tool and connect to your server.
- Replace the folder: wp-content/themes/enfold with the theme files you have just unzipped