Forum Replies Created
1. Switched from shared GoDaddy server to dedicated 1and1 server.
2. Switched from GoDaddy email account to Gmail.
3. Installed “WP-Mail-SMTP” and sent test message. PASS
4. Sent test message from Enfold Contact Form. PASS
I’m guessing that it was a firewall issue on the GoDaddy server.
Can’t guess why direct send from WP-Mail-SMTP PASSED but the contact form FAILED.
Same problem. Here is the fault finding I have done:
Wordpress 3.8.1 With Enfold
1. Installed “WP-Mail-SMTP” and sent test message. PASS
2. Sent test message from Enfold Contact Form. FAIL
3. Installed “Easy WP SMTP” and sent test message. PASS
4. Sent test message from Enfold Contact Form. FAIL
5. Installed “Contact Form 7″ and sent test message. FAIL
6. “Grunion Contact Form” and sent test message. FAIL
I tried the child theme and unfortunately I lose all of the backend controls.
I think I’ve found the issue:
$title = get_bloginfo(‘name’).’ | ‘;
$title .= (is_front_page()) ? get_bloginfo(‘description’) : wp_title(”, false);
$title = apply_filters(‘avf_title_tag’, $title, wp_title(”, false));
Your theme is fantastic!!!
However, from an SEO point of view it’s generally considered best practice to go for 100% keyword prominence in the title tag.
Plumber London | Plumbers.Com
is better than
Plumbers.Com | Plumber London
because each page will start with a unique phrase and if designed right would have 100% keyword prominence.
What is the best way to fix this?
Do I need to create a child theme?
PS: If it were me I would upgrade the theme and then add as a selling point that…
Our title tags are designed for 100% keyword prominence.