Forum Replies Created
Thanks for the suggestion on the widget logic plugin. I should provide a bit more detail:
- I’ve created a child theme of Choices which has a few customizations to styles. I’ve had no problem with this child theme at all.
- I have two sites – one is a local install (which serves as my sandbox environment), and the other is mirrored on a hosted server
- My local version of the site is what broke after I added/removed widgets
- I exported the database from the hosted server and imported it into my local site, and the site itself looks perfect (with sidebars and all)
- The problem occurs when I go into the admin them – the styles are completely broken, and the admin pages look like a mess (namely, all the menus are exploded out since, somehow, none of the CSS styles are being applied).
- This happens on my local machine even after I created a brand new, fresh install of WP and imported the DB from the hosted server
Hopefully this helps in diagnosing the problem. Any ideas on what I could try?
URGENT – I just removed all widget areas in the Choices settings, and now my admin page is seriously messed up. The styles on the admin pages are all broken (all the menus, for example, are exploded out), and I no longer have a sidebar option to select within the Choices customization page. Please help – I am close to the site launch date for a client, and I have no idea how to fix this issue.
I’ve done all of that already, and I still don’t have the widgets that I chose showing up in the front page’s sidebar (only the sidebar that shows up everywhere by default). I had changed themes at one point to try something out, then changed it back to Choices, which is when this issue occurred. Do the custom-defined widget areas get messed up when you switch themes?