Forum Replies Created
Thanks for your reply. However, I’m still a bit confused. I tried changing the Permalinks setting to default and didn’t notice a difference, but I don’t see a “page name” option. There are several other options, but not “page name.” What would you suggest?
Perhaps my only solution is to regenerate my .htaccess file, but this is a little over my head and I’m having a hard time getting through all of those directions. Will keep trying.
As far as your comment about the categories… that is very surprising! I would think the sort function would sort all related items, regardless of which page a viewer is currently on.
Thank you!! Worked like a charm.
I have one other problem, but perhaps I should start a new thread…
I’ve noticed for a while that my portfolio sorting function doesn’t always work… sometimes projects that I know are posted don’t show up when I click on their category. And then they may show up the next time I visit the site. It’s hit or miss.
Also noticing now that my pagination buttons don’t work for my portfolio… when I click on the numbers at the bottom for pages 2 and 3, page 1 just reloads and I can never see page 2 or 3. Does this have anything to do with making the portfolio a static front page?
Oh, nevermind. I guess it was ONLY working in Firefox… I give up. I just can’t figure it out. I’ll try posting a background image or something else. Thank you for your time.
Thank you, Devin. Now, the header appears properly in all browsers except Firefox… haha. Almost there… not sure what I can try to make it work for Firefox. I also cleared the cache/browsing history again and it still isn’t right.
I cleared all of my caches and browser histories, and the spacing is still off for all browsers except Firefox. Any other suggestions?
Thanks for you reply. This worked perfectly in Firefox, but it didn’t help for any of the other browsers I’ve tested my site in (Chrome, IE, Safari)… is there some way I can enter code that will work for all browsers?
THANK YOU!! I still can’t figure out the background image for some reason, but the rest worked like a charm. I’m truly appreciative.
Thanks for your response, but I tried everything you said and it just won’t work :( I don’t understand it. I’ve been trying for days. Oh well.
I have found the Quick CSS box and been able to do a few things there… but I’m still having some problems.
1. I was able to find some coding in another post regarding uploading a background image, but it didn’t work when i tried it. i tried it for #main, #container, #body, but it only worked for #header, #footer, and #socket. What am I supposed to call the background area in order for my image to cover the whole page background (not the content area)? Is there a certain size that the image needs to be? This is the coding I tried:
2. What is the appropriate coding I need to change the size of the main page headers, such as “Portfolio” on the portfolio page?
3. I’d like to control the order of my portfolio items as they are listed under the “All” category. Instead of being listed by the date posted, I’d like to list them by when each project was completed, for example, which is something I’d have to organize manually. I did not necessarily post them in the order I’d like them displayed now…
OH it’s in the originally files I downloaded for the theme! Got it. Ok, I found custom.css, but how does my site update with the changes? If I save the custom.css file in the sentence root folder on my computer, will it update? Or do I have to upload it to the dashboard somehow? sorry… I’m having a hard time with this part :/
Thank you for your response.
1. I’m still looking for the custom.css file and I can’t find it… I couldn’t follow the exact path you listed above (/wp-content/themes/sentence/css), but I went to Appearance/Editor, where all of the .php files are. Is it supposed to be on this page? The only style sheet I have listed on this page is at the bottom of the list, under all of the php files, and it’s called style.css. I don’t need to start up my FTP client just to see this style sheet, do I? Sorry… I just can’t find it :/
2. This sounds fine, as long as I can find the custom.css file.
3. I would like to order them by likeness (similar projects, colors, etc). Basically, they’d be ordered pretty much the way they are ordered with throughout the separate categories, except they’d be all together in the “All” category.
4. same as #2
5. I found this stuff! Thanks!
6. I tried this but it still said “Home” in the nav bar after I changed it, even though the page itself still had a “Portfolio” header. But that’s fine, I decided to keep a separate home page anyway!