Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Contact form submissions are going to lala land… I am using Enfold and having problems with the contact forms… I am using the Configure SMTP plugin which turns phpmail to use SMTP.. I can send a test mail no problem from the plugin settings and also forms from Contact Forms 7… but not any of the default forms set up in Enfold… even if I type in the specific email address on the page/form setup… It goes through all of the motions with no errors but never the the mail… just disappears..

This may have slipped through the cracks… Please respond to the above…

Also all mail sends perfectly from WordPress… ie, Password retrieval, new user, Wordfence, Contact form 7, basically everything but the Enfold built in forms…

I guess I am just talking to myself…

Hi FLSouthPaw,

Our queue system actually goes from oldest to newest so each self response/bump actually pushes the topic backwards instead of bringing it to our attention. We’re considerably over normal levels of new support requests so its taking a bit longer than normal to get to items and the weekend just compounds that (since support is typically monday-friday).

I’ve tagged the topic for Peter and Kriesi as I’m not aware of anything with 1.7 that should have or could have cause a change in the mail function but if not Peter definitely Kriesi will be able to help shed some light on the issue.

One thing to check now however would be if you had previously made any theme changes to support SMTP. If so, a theme update would have overwritten those changes.

Regards,

Devin

I have not modified anything in any of the Enfold theme files at all… Like I said I use the plugin Configure SMTP on all of my WordPress sites and it has worked perfectly so far… as I said before… all mail sends perfectly from WordPress… ie, Password retrieval, new user, Wordfence, Contact form 7, UpdraftPlus too… basically everything but the Enfold built in forms… they just go to lala land… no errors or anything… I never tested the Enfold forms sending mail until 1.7… I started with 1.5 but had not ever tried to send a form mail out… so I am guessing it was probably still an issue…

I have disabled all plugins except the Configure SMTP on and also tried other similar plugins but everything works mail or formwise execpt the enfold forms… there has to be related to enfold… I really like your form builder and would like to be able to use it…

Also… I have all of my WordPress sites running on Windows Servers… with the latest PHP, MYSQL, and wordpress… I have full control of everything so if you have any ideas or some code to change in the theme let me know please…

Regards,

Mark L. Lee

Try to add following code to the bottom of functions.php – it will replace the standard php mail() function with wp_mail() – wp_mail() is required for the smtp plugin:

add_filter('avf_form_use_wpmail', 'avia_change_php_mail', 10, 3);
    function avia_change_php_mail($active, $new_post, $form_params){
    return true;
    }

Hey!

Hey! Next theme update will use wordpress mail function as default, since it seems to work much better on some server settings than the default php mail function :)

Best regards,

Kriesi

Dude thanks that code fixed the issue… and Kriesi thanks for acknowledging the issue and working on permanent fix…

Regards,

Mark L. Lee

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘1.7 Contact Forms Not Sending Email…’ is closed to new replies.