Tagged: , ,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Thanks so much for the Newscast theme. I got the white screen of death a few weeks ago, and now I’m afraid to do anything at all to the site; however, these two things are really important and I would love some assistance.

1. I would like to add a telephone number below the social media icons and search box in the header.

2. I would like to change the color of the header and footer to a deep navy blue.

Thanks for your help!

Hey,

1) just replace following code in header.php:

<h1 class="logo ie6fix <?php echo $logoclass; ?>"><a href="<?php echo get_settings('home'); ?>/"><?php echo $logo; ?></a></h1>

with:

<h1 class="logo ie6fix <?php echo $logoclass; ?>"><a href="<?php echo get_settings('home'); ?>/"><?php echo $logo; ?></a></h1>
    <div id="phone">My number: 0000 0000 0000</div>

and add following i.e. following code to style.css:

#phone{
    position: absolute;
    right:0px;
    top:30px;
    font-weight: bold;
    font-size: 15px;
    color: #777;
    }

You can adjust the position by changing the values of “top” and “right”. Change the font size, color, etc. as you like and change the “My number” text.

2) First edit the bg.png (located in the folder images/skin1) (it looks like: http://www.kriesi.at/themes/newscast/wp-content/themes/newscast/images/skin1/bg.png ) as you like (i.e. instead of the dark grey change the background to blue). Then change following css code in style1.css:

#footerwrap, #wp-calendar th, #prev, #next{
    background: #222;
    }

You can adjust the color to your needs.

Quick question on changing the header color…

I have located and modified the bg.png file, but where should it be saved or uploaded now?

Hello,

Just save it wherever it is located, if you are using skin1 then save it on images > skin1 folder. :)

Regards,

Ismael

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘2 ? – Add text below the header icons; Change color of header/footer?’ is closed to new replies.