Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Hi, I am trying to do two things using Choices.

The first one I suspect is easy, although I haven’t been able to find another thread about it exactly. I just want to change the color of the selected menu item on the main menu. My site has no dropdown menus:

http://www.rydergoodwin.com/wordpress

The second one I suspect will be more difficult if possible at all. I would like the lightbox full-size view of the portfolio items to appear on the main portfolio page. I am using the ajax portfolio which is awesome; I love the slide-up portfolio view, but currently in order to view the full size lightbox view you have to click into each portfolio item and go to those individual pages. Can I make it a more seamless experience and have everything on the main portfolio page? Let me know if that doesn’t make sense.

Thanks!!

Hi ryderg,

For #1, Try adding the following CSS to your Quick CSS (located under the Styling Tab in the theme options) or the custom.css file in the css folder of your theme files:

.header_color .main_menu ul:first-child > li a:hover, .header_color .main_menu ul:first-child > li.current-menu-item > a, .header_color .main_menu ul:first-child > li.current_page_item > a, .header_color .main_menu ul:first-child > li.active-parent-item > a {
    color: #909193;
    }

Change the hex color code to your needs.

#2 is actually very simple too! In each portfolio item there is an option for “Apply link to the image” you just need to set it to Open Lightbox when clicked:

s2biw5.png

Regards,

Devin

Awesome. Thanks!!

Hey,

Glad Devin could help you. :)

Regards,

Ismael

Hi Devin,

for #1, I’ve got the same problem with the colours of the listed sub menu items.

Would you please help me with the code to change the colours of a and a:hover in the sub menu?

Thanks!

Hi profil77,

Try to add this code in your Quick CSS:

.sub-menu li a:hover {
    color: #f00;
    }

or this one, if the code above doesn’t work:

.sub-menu li a:hover {
    color: #f00 !important;
    }

Hope this helps. :)

Regards,

Ismael

Thanks Ismael, second solution works fine.

Hi profil77,

Glad that we could help. :)

Cheers,

Ismael

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘2 Qs, changing color of selected menu item, and lightbox on main portfolio page’ is closed to new replies.