Tagged: 

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Hello,

I have a new (french) website: http://www.innovation-mix.fr with the theme “newcast”.

My problem is: I create one menu in wordpress but I have 2 line of the same menus. Why is it repeted ? How can I fixed that ?

Thanks in advance

Hey,

Open up header.php; find and remove this code:

<!-- Navigation for Pages starts here -->
    <?php
    wp_nav_menu( array( 'menu' => 'First', 'menu_class' => 'nav', 'echo' => true,
    'fallback_cb' => '', 'before' => '', 'after' => '', 'link_before' => '', 'link_after' => '',
    'depth' => 0, 'context' => 'frontend'));

/* pre wp 3
    if(is_object($k_option['custom']['kriesi_menu_pages']))
    $k_option['custom']['kriesi_menu_pages']->display('Menu Manager Pages','show_basic');
    */
    ?>

If you want to set up the menus to use different pages, you can do this in WP Admin (under Appearance > Menus).

James

Thanks a lot from Paris. It is perfect.

Glad that James could help you :)

Hi Guys,

I ran into the same problem of having the double menu repeated. James I found the code inside the header.php and deleted it BUT it deleted the top menu and kept the bottom one.

What I’m wondering is how do you make them different? Like if I want the top links to be one thing then the bottom links to be different?

By no means am I a programmer just a designer but I did find the code with <div class=”catnav_wrapper”> handles the bottom links. I’m just not sure how to change it.

Any help guys :)

Jared

Hey,

open up header.php and replace this code:

wp_nav_menu( array( 'menu' => 'Second', 'menu_class' => 'catnav', 'echo' => true,
    'fallback_cb' => '', 'before' => '', 'after' => '', 'link_before' => '', 'link_after' => '',
    'depth' => 0, 'context' => 'frontend', 'walker' => new description_walker() ));

with:

wp_nav_menu( array( 'menu' => 'Second', 'menu_class' => 'catnav', 'echo' => false,
    'depth' => 0, 'context' => 'frontend', 'walker' => new description_walker() ));

I have the same problem with the menus !

I want to create two top menus .. the first one: pages

the second one: categories

how could I do that?

I didn’t. the problem fixed :)

+ is there similar tutorial to use the featured slider (the featured images doesn’t show at the slider) ?

Hey,

can you post a link please. Maybe it’s a js problem. The featured images should display in the accordion slider….

here it is: http://reemaistestingsomething.com/wordpress/

and also, I want the slider to be with pages not posts .. is that possible?

Hey,

1)sorry for the late reply. I think yoou need to add featured images to your posts and select a slider category under Newscast Options > Mainpage Options. The documentation describes all steps.

2) You can use pages instead – have a look at this thread: http://www.kriesi.at/support/topic/featured-slider-pages

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘2 sames menus problem (newcast)’ is closed to new replies.