Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author

First of all, Awesome theme! I have two questions:

1. Blog page: how can i make the blog page show only each posts excerpts? Not all the blog posts entirely. This might be a WP question, it’s the first time i have this issue in a theme i purchase.

2. Featured images: i want to remove the featured images from the post itself, and the /blog page. I would like to keep the featured image only in the thumbnails (combo widget + YARPP). Is there anyway i can do this?

Thanks!!

Cheers

Edit: My mistake, i’m not using YARPP on that website, it’s the theme’s “related posts” feature. Nice BTW ;-)

Anybody? :-(

Hey,

a)

1) Make a copy of loop-index.php (located in the folder “includes”)

2) Call the copy loop-single.php

4) In loop-index.php change following code:

the_content(__('Read more','avia_framework'));  ?>

to:

the_excerpt();
    echo "<a href='".get_permalink()."' class='more-link'>Read more</a>";
    ?>

5) In single.php change

get_template_part( 'includes/loop', 'index' );

to:

get_template_part( 'includes/loop', 'single' );

b) In loop-index.php (and in loop-single.php if you follow the instructions above) delete following code:

<?php
    //force to display small inline content slider on archive pages. Single pages and posts are allowed to display the 3d slider
    $force_small_slider = true;
    if(is_singular()) $force_small_slider = false;

$slider = new avia_slideshow(get_the_ID());
    echo $slider->display_small('page', $force_small_slider);
    ?>

Thanks dude, everything works great!

One other thing:

Tags and categories archives: i was able to remove complete posts, and only use excerpts, but featured images are still showing

Couldn’t find how to do that

Thanks a million!

Delete following code in loop-archive.php:

<?php
    //force to display small inline content slider on archive pages. Single pages and posts are allowed to display the 3d slider

?>

Thanks a million times!

Support is amazing, definitely purchase my themes from you guys now on!

Thanks again dude

Frank

Glad that I could help you :)

What would be the difference in edit the code if I still want the featured image on the blog page but not on the individual post page?

Thank You for your help.

Also i deleted the code

<?php

echo $slider->display_small(‘page’, $force_small_slider);

?>

and i still see the featured image on the post page

any help?

Hey,

to remove the slider from your posts pages you can remove the following from your loop-page.php in your includes folder.

<?php
    //call the function that displays featured images and slideshows within posts
    echo $slider->display_small($avia_config['size']);
    ?>

To get rid of it in your single posts the loop-index.php is used – as well as for your blog. Meaning that when you remove the code you mentioned from loop-index it will also disappear in your blog. So, you’ll have to add an if statement saying “if you’re on the blog page show slide, else don’t do anything”. This can help you a lot with this.

Let us know if this helps :)

Best regards,

Chris

changing the code should take effect immediately right? I must be doing something wrong.

Hi LateForWork,

Yes, it would take effect immediately. However, if you are using a caching plugin like WP Total Cache then you may need to refresh you browser 3-4 times to get a non cached version. Or possibly disable the plugin while doing the updates.

Regards,

Devin

I must be missing something :(

If changes aren’t taking effect immediately, make sure you are editing the actual file on the server and not just either making the changes locally on your own computer or editing a copy of the theme in an incorrect folder or something like that.

Regards,

Devin

i am editing the actual file i am using my ftp server to get to the files so i can change the code.

If you want to remove the slider from the single post page open up wp-contentthemesbrightboxincludesloop-index.php and replace:

with:

if( is_single() )
    {

}

@dude i am not trying to remove the slider. I am trying to remove the feature image on the actual post page. I still want the featured image when they go to the blog page and see all the pots but hen clock to a specific post I do not want to see the featured image their. Hope this makes sense. http://www.LateForWorkLLC.com

I changed the code and the image shows on the single post but not the blog feed sections. That is backwards to what i am wanting to display :( please help

The code should just affect single post page and I’m not sure why it’s not working in your case. However try following css code instead and insert it into the quick css field:

.single-post .slideshow_container{
    display: none !important;
    }

GREAT IT WORKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi!

Great – eventually we solved it :)

Best regards,

Peter

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘2 things: Blog page and featured images’ is closed to new replies.