If you have troubles since the update to WordPress 4.5 please read this post before opening a new thread.
June 12, 2014 at 4:36 pm #278102
Hi, I’m really impressed with the Enfold theme, thank you very much! I’m amazed that I have used it to set up a whole website without ever having to send a support request, that never happens with the other themes I use so you must be doing something right!!
* How can I translate the ‘Drug safety information in a language you can understand’ text that appears in the header? This is added in the ‘Phone Number or small info text’ field in the Enfold header settings.
* I have created an Arabic slide for the Revolution Slider and have selected the correct slider on the Arabic homepage. Why does it say “No slides found, please add some slides”? (For info – I used the same slider with my previous theme and the Arabic slide was showing, and it’s only after switching to Enfold that it has vanished.)
* The 3 footer widgets don’t have a ‘Multilingual’ tick box, how can I translate them?
* How do I translate the ‘Search’ watermark that appears in the search widget, and also the search in the header?
Many thanksJune 12, 2014 at 4:39 pm #278103
Also, how do I translate the breadcrumbs as it’s not appearing in string translations?June 13, 2014 at 9:39 am #278529
1) Enfold creates a separate option set for each language and you can also insert a different text into the “Phone Number or small info text” field. Just use the language switcher on the theme options page: http://www.clipular.com/c/4814465795096576.png?k=-YtyxOvCdOHRb062x21vy1EElkQ to switch the language and configure the option for each language (different logo, phone number text, etc.).
2) Not sure why it’s not working – please create me an admin account and I’ll check if this is a theme issue.
3) Afaik the sidebar widgets are not directly translatable. You can use Widget Logic or http://wordpress.org/plugins/display-widgets/ to show different widgets (which then display different menus) for different languages. Please refer to this article: (Purchase code hidden if logged out) -language/?aid=8271&affiliate_key=K9b6X1wRp9SS” rel=”nofollow”>http://wpml.org/2011/03/ (Purchase code hidden if logged out) -language/
4 + breadcrumb – you can translate all static text strings with Codestyling. Download and install the plugin ( http://wordpress.org/plugins/codestyling-localization/ ), go to Tools > Localization and select “Themes”. Then search for “Enfold” in the list and select your language and click on “Rescan” to search for all text strings. Afterwards click on “Edit” and translate the required strings from the “avia_framework” textdomain. At least click the “create mo file” button next to the “Textdomain” selection dropdown (top left corner).
PeterJune 26, 2014 at 4:20 pm #284143July 3, 2014 at 5:26 pm #286750
2) I couldn’t find the problem of the Revolution Slider plugin. I noticed the shortcode [rev_slider drug] doesn’t work too and it seems to be an incompatibility issue between Revolution slider and WPML.
3+4) Please try to use the Codestyling plugin to translate the text strings. Download and install the plugin ( http://wordpress.org/plugins/codestyling-localization/ ), go to Tools > Localization and select “Themes”. Then search for “Enfold” in the list and select your language and click on “Rescan” to search for all text strings. Afterwards click on “Edit” and translate the required strings from the “avia_framework” textdomain. At least click the “create mo file” button next to the “Textdomain” selection dropdown (top left corner).
5) You need to configure the options for each language. If you want to set the homepage for the Arabic version go to this page: http://www.patientdrugnews.com/wp-admin/admin.php?page=avia&lang=ar . You can change the language by using the language switcher on the left side.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.