Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hello Kriesi team,

I am trying to wrap my head around this:

want 3 col images set on a dynamic template through template builder to be 303px wide and 145px height so in functions.php I edited:

$avia_config['imgSize']['portfolio3'] = array(‘width’=>290, ‘height’=>150); // medium preview pic for 3 column portfolio

to this

$avia_config['imgSize']['portfolio3'] = array(‘width’=>303, ‘height’=>145, ‘crop’=>false); // medium preview pic for 3 column portfolio

then regenerated thumbs using the regenerate thumbnails plugin

and also added this to Quick CSS:

.grid4 {
    margin-left: 1%;
    width: 303px;
    }

Still thumbs show up with grey margins on their right and left side.

Take a look:

http://goo.gl/kNAxoc and http://goo.gl/xNjPXq

Any suggestions on this? Your help is highly appreciated as always.

PS. loving the new website.

Hey Bill Karkavos!

You shouldn’t ever modify the grid with css like that. The grid elements are used everywhere on the site to make the site layout and if you modify them like that it will effect every single other instance of that grid item.

If you want to have a 3 column grid that is larger than the regular gird then I would recommend just using a table as the most simple and basic way of doing so. That or making your own custom css for 3 columns with a smaller margin/padding on them to give more width.

Regards,
    Devin

Hello Devin,

as far as the .grid4 css is concerned I am aware of that and there is no problem with the rest of my site layout.

I need the “portfolio” 3 col grid so that featured blog post images are shown automatically through the dynamic templates assigned on the relevant pages; by using a table or my own 3 col layout I will have to manually update the thumbs every time a new post is published; and I don’t want that.
    I have changed the thumb size in various occasions through functions.php many times before in various of your themes and after regenerating thumbnails I got my result. But this margins and with crop set to false are keep showing up.

Can you suggest a workaround on this? Any help will be highly appreciated as always.

Best,

Bill

You can just increase the max width on the grid4 images in that case:

.grid4 img {
    max-width: 290px;
    }

Thank you very much for your help Devin,

that works great!

Take care,

Bill

Hi!

Glad Devin fixed it. :)

Regards,
    Ismael

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘3 column dynamic template’ is closed to new replies.