Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 35 total)
  • Author

Hi,

I would like to use the sortable Ajax portfolio with 4 columns (http://kriesi.at/themes/enfold/portfolio/portfolio-ajax/) – but I would like to have a space/margin of 20 pixels between the items/rows.

How can I do this, without destroying the layout/design (–> Ajax window)?

Thanks.

Hi COLORIT!

Please add following code to Quick CSS in Enfold theme options under Styling tab

#top .no_margin.av_one_fourth {
    padding-right: 20px;
    }

Cheers!
    Yigit

Hi,

this will be my first ticket, because no solution works for me, therefore there was similar cases like my case. So.

I have created portfolio based gallery (AJAX mode) inserted in tabs. Tabs is my only choice, because i need specific links for each gallery category, so sorting option doesn’t work for me. Please see link on gallery page here

My problem #1: Space between gallery collumns.
    Tried all code snipets, doesn’t work for me.
    What i found, that if a visited specific tab through the link – all columns shows as it must be, but as soon as you choose another tab – collumns became seperated with whitespace. One more thing – if you whait or refresh this tab – all collumns move to each other.

My problem #2: Automatic Ajax portfolio openine

Is there a way to open an Ajax portfolio without clicking on small thumbnail? We have one great portfolio and we want visitor see it instantly without clicking on small thumbnail. Of course AJAX functionality we hope to save.

Hi,

1.) Add the following code:

.grid-entry {
        padding: 0 20px 20px 0 !important;
    }

2.) Follow the instructions here: https://kriesi.at/support/topic/open-ajax-portfolio-by-default-to-a-certain-item/#post-630425

Best regards,
    Ismael

Hi Ismael,

Thanks for the quick response.

1) After adding the snippet collumns have bigger space between collumns and still have positioning problem. It’ s ok for me the portfolios are close to each other, i don’ t like . this, so i need this. I guess it may be smth about AJAX – because as i a little bit resize a browser window – my portfolious come together and all seem all right. But of course it is not a sollution. what do u think?

2) Here i need a little bit a help. As i understand this snippet you mention i must add at function.php using my specific portolio id (.post-1449 in my case)?

Hi,

The positioning works if you resize the browser. This should work:

add_action('wp_footer', 'ava_auto_resize');
    function ava_auto_resize(){
    ?>
    <script>
    (function($){
    	var int = '';
    	$( "#top .tabcontainer" ).bind({
    	mouseenter: function() {
    		int = window.setInterval(function(event){
    			$(window).trigger('resize');
    			console.log('resize');
    		}, 1000);
    	},
    	mouseleave: function() {
    		setTimeout(function() {
    			clearInterval(int);
    		}, 1000);
    	}
    });
    })(jQuery);
    </script>
    <?php
    }

Add the code in the functions.php file.

Best regards,
    Ismael

Ismael,

thanks, this is fixed, but now portfolio doesn’ t open as it was earlier – just a strange grey line appearing. Please, see the result here. Just click at any portfolio and you will see the problem.

Hi!

I see. Please post the login details here or test this instead:

Refer to: https://kriesi.at/support/topic/4-column-sortable-ajax-portfolio-space-between-the-items-how-to/#post-635822

Best regards,
    Ismael

Hi,

tried new one – same thing. There is again the same story – as i refresh page – i able to load portfolio, without it action – doesn’t.
    Login details below
    Update: found out, that this problems appear only for specific tabs. Don’ t know even why.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 11 months ago by Max Miko.

Hi!

The page was cached so we disabled the cache plugin temporarily. Please enable it back after this. We modified the code a bit and it should be working now:

Refer to: https://kriesi.at/support/topic/4-column-sortable-ajax-portfolio-space-between-the-items-how-to/#post-635822

Regards,
    Ismael

Hi,

still doesn’t work.

hope i done all things correct.
    1) Delete old snippet
    2) Add last one
    3) Enagle Cache plugin and delete cache

Some portfolio still doesn’t work for some tabs.
    :(

Hi,

Please remove browser cache or hard refresh the page. I just checked it today and the portfolio items adjust their position automatically in less than a second.

Best regards,
    Ismael

Hi,

sorry if you get me wrong. After your first snippet the item positioning works brilliant, so this issue is tottaly solvedand sorry for your time too.

But unfortunately there are new issue appeared after i added the snippet. As i wrote earlier, after you click at the item – portfolio doesn’ t opened.

Please, see screenshot how it looks now here.

Hi,

Check it now, i tried with a new snippet:

function add_custom_script(){
    ?>
    <script>
    (function($){
        $(window).load(function() {
    	$(".tab").on('click', function() {
    		$(window).trigger('debouncedresize');
    	});

});
    })(jQuery);
    </script>
    <?php
    }
    add_action('wp_footer', 'add_custom_script');

Best regards,
    Josue

Hi, Josue,

don’t know what i do wrong, but after i added the snippet to the functions.php (at the top, middle, botom, whatever) – the browser shows internal 500 error.

Hi,

There was no need to add it (i did that already), the error is caused by a function duplicate, connect via FTP and edit the theme’s function.php and remove the snippet you added.

Best regards,
    Josue

Hi Josue,

thanks a lot! It finally works!
    If i can ask you my second issue mentioned here above. It’s about automatic specific portfolio opening on specific tab click. Ismael gave me a link on another thread. I used it and as i understand it must work, but it is doesn’t here is my code:

// specific portolio active (Ismael from Enfold support forum)
    add_action(‘wp_footer’, ‘ava_auto_click’);
    function ava_auto_click(){
    ?>
    <script>
    (function($){
    $(‘.post-1449’).trigger(‘click’);
    });
    })(jQuery);
    </script>
    <?php
    }

.post-1449 and this id i take out from this:
    <div data-ajax-id=”1449″ class=”grid-entry flex_column isotope-item all_sort no_margin post-entry post-entry-1449 grid-entry-overview grid-loop-1 grid-parity-odd ornamenti_sort visi_sort av_one_third first default_av_fullwidth no_combo” style=”position: absolute; left: 0px; top: 0px;”><article class=”main_color inner-entry” itemscope=”itemscope” itemtype=”https://schema.org/CreativeWork”&gt;brugis-dekor-1<span class=”image-overlay overlay-type-extern” style=”left: -5px; top: 0px; overflow: hidden; display: block; height: 231px; width: 295px;”><span class=”image-overlay-inside”></span></span><div class=”grid-content”><div class=”avia-arrow”></div><header class=”entry-content-header”><h3 class=”grid-entry-title entry-title” itemprop=”headline”>Ornamentu bruģēšana</h3></header></div><footer class=”entry-footer”></footer></article></div>

Where is my problem?

Hi,

Try changing the code to:

(function($){
    $('.post-1449 a').trigger('click');
    });
    })(jQuery);

Best regards,
    Josue

Still doesn’t work :(
    It block my /wp-login.php, /admin.php pages with 500 error.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 10 months ago by Max Miko.

Revert it via FTP, what you want to is to trigger a tab opening or a portfolio opening (on load)?

I want trigger a portfolio opening by clicking specific tab. In my case the tab name is “Ornamentu bruģēšana” – and second (from the left) portfolio needs to be triggered on load.

Check it

Clicking on the tab, still see two tiles. No loaded porfolio.

Josue,

just cleanded cache, yes this works! Thanks,
    can you please what you’ve done to get ir?

You can check (and modify if needed) the code in Plugins > Edit functions.

Ok, thanks a lot!

You are welcome, glad to help :)

Regards,
    Josue

Josue,

found one thing. The portfolio opens now opens on the specific tab click and this is great, thank you!

But found one important imperfection, which is important. It works if you clicking trough tabs, but not working if you are at the tab through internal link. Please see video here.

Hi,

I’m looking for the custom code that we added inside the functions.php file but it’s not there. Did you remove it?

Best regards,
    Ismael

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 35 total)
  • The topic ‘4 column sortable Ajax portfolio: space between the items – how to?’ is closed to new replies.