Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hi
    The only page that is loading is the homepage. When I activate the postname type in permalinks the pages create a 404 error.

I’ve been checking out the forum a lot regarding this issue. I’ve found multiple threads describing this issue. However there was never a full solution. The site is hosted using the german hoster All-inkl. Everything is standard.

What I’ve done up to now
    updated the .htaccess file with the basic WordPress text

# BEGIN WordPress
    <IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
    RewriteEngine On
    RewriteBase /
    RewriteRule ^index\.php$ - [L]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
    RewriteRule . /index.php [L]
    </IfModule>

# END WordPress

changed permalink structure in settings area and made sure that WordPress said the changes were saved
    adapted the .htaccess permissions to 755 as suggested.

As a side note, I’m not using the WPML plugin.
    What else can I do. I’ve also added login credentials so you can check it out. We’d need to have this permalink structure for SEO reasons.

• This topic was modified 6 years, 9 months ago by tom900.

Hey tom900,

Wordpress credentials did not work. Could you please update the credentials. What kind of structure do you need for permalinks?

Best regards,
    Victoria

I need the posttype to be /%postname%/

Hi tom900,

I see that the post name option gives the link that you need. Is it not working for you?

Best regards,
    Victoria

Hi,

The “Category base” value was invalid so we removed the it. The pages are working now.

Best regards,
    Ismael

Hey Ismael and Vicotria,
    Thank you for your help! Now it is all working perfectly!
    You rock :) :)
    Yours Thomas

Hi Thomas,

We’re happy to help! If you have any other questions or issues, please let us know in the forums and we’ll do our best to help.

For your information, you can take a look at Enfold documentation here – http://kriesi.at/documentation/enfold/

We’d also appreciate it if you can take a moment to review our theme if you haven’t already. https://themeforest.net/downloads

Thank you for using Enfold.
    Cheers!
    Sarah

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘404 Error on pages when Postname Permalink structure is active’ is closed to new replies.