Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Hello,

Problem:
    Whenever I try to upload new HTML tables to a text area box I get a 413 error when trying to save the page. When I originally did this many months ago everything worked fine. Now it does not work.

Error Message:

Request Entity Too Large
    The requested resource
    /wp-admin/post.php
    does not allow request data with POST requests, or the amount of data provided in the request exceeds the capacity limit.

Steps Already Taken:
    -I have contacted the hosting company (Dreamhost) and already upgraded my php.ini file to allow for much larger file uploads. (although its a little bit different on DreamHost. see this: http://wiki.dreamhost.com/PHP.ini ). This did not solve the problem.
    -I have tried deactivating all the plugins and trying again. This has not solved the problem.
    -I have created a new fresh install with only WordPress & Enfold. I have then manually created a new page and started copying and pasting the text over manually. The problem occurs again once I reach a certain length on the page.

Thank you for your assistance.

Nicholas

Hey!

Try asking your provider to increase the LimitRequestBody directive:
    http://craftcms.stackexchange.com/a/2330

Best regards,
    Josue

Contacted Dreamhost & asked about the LimitRequestBody directive. They said I’d need to add it to my .htaccess file.

When I’d added it to the file, then the Avia Layout Builder wouldn’t load. The rest of the page editor would load, but the loading circle for the Avia Layout Builder would just keep spinning.

Update: I’ve tried the LimitRequestBody again in the .htaccess file. Now the Avia Layout Builder is loading in a normal amount of time (about 3 – 5 seconds). But the error persits.

Hi!

can we please have access to your backend?
    IS that possible?

Regards,
    Basilis

Hey Guys,

So I’ve finally managed to fix this problem enough so things are working, but not ideally. I cant spend any more time on this then I already have. Here is a quick run down of the only changes I’ve made in case you need it later.

1) I use to have text boxes on the page that contained the table elements. I have changed those to the Avia Code Block elements & placed the table elements in there.

2) The 413 error was occurring when I was trying to add a little more information to the tables then was on there previously. Apparently this little piece of information was pushing to total size over the tipping point & preventing the page from saving. The only difference between the older and the newer was one link at the beginning. Compare the following

Newer Version:

<tr class=””><td class=””>Beach Boys</td><td class=””>Barbara Ann (2001 – Remaster) – The Very Best of the Beach Boys: Sounds of Summer</td><td class=””>iTunes</td><td class=””>Amazon</td></tr>

Older Version:

<tr class=””><td class=””>Beach Boys</td><td class=””>Barbara Ann (2001 – Remaster) – The Very Best of the Beach Boys: Sounds of Summer</td><td class=””>iTunes</td><td class=””>Amazon</td></tr>

3) I still have the upgraded php.ini in place, but that never seemed to make any difference.

memory_limit = 128M
    upload_max_filesize = 64M
    post_max_size = 64M
    max_execution_time = 500
    max_input_time = 500

4) I tried the LimitRequestBody Directive in the .htaccess file @ 2147483647 . Never seemed to help.

LimitRequestBody 2147483647

5) Problem persisted on a fresh install of WordPress & Enfold without any plugins or additional information.

Ultimately, I’ve just continued to use the older version of the table row for now. I cannot continue to spend time on this. Thank you for you guys time in trying to help me solve this problem.

nick

Hi Nick,

Thanks for the feedback and sharing what you did. Not sure if you need any more help on the topic though? Please let us know if you should.

Best regards,
    Rikard

Hey Rikard,

I won’t need any more help for now. I might try to tackle this again in the new year. I just cannot spend any more time on it at the moment.

nick

Hi Nick,

Ok, we’ll keep the thread open for you if you should need any further help.

Best regards,
    Rikard

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.