Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hi, I’m attempting to run Display 2.0, following an upgrade of WordPress.

Receiving error message on Home Page, but able to acess other pages e.g. successfully. Is there any incompatibility with this theme when running the latest version of WordPress. Please advise.

Does your homepage work with another theme like TwentyTen?

Do you use any redirection plugins?

My homepage will work with Twenty Ten. I had been running Display 1.3 successfully, but had to upgrade WordPress, this is when the problem surfaced. Assuming (as I was told) that my current theme was incompatible, I have since purchased and installed Display 2.0.

RE: Redirection plug-ins. Not that I’m aware. I have disabled all plug-ins to test. Still no result.

Can you try to change the mainpage slideshow? From cu3er to javascript slideshow or vice versa? I can’t say what’s the problem is because 1) we hadn’t such an error before

2) The error itself doesn’t tell us much as it’s a generic error message, given when no more specific message is suitable.

Maybe it’s related to an outdated php or mysql version….

I’ve tried changing from cu3er to javascript slideshow or vice versa. Regarding your comment, “Maybe it’s related to an outdated php or mysql version….”, is there anything specifically I should be discussing with my hosting provider?

Just standard questions like:

Which php version? Php Version 5.2 or 5.3 would be perfect.

Which sql version? Version 5+ would be perfect.

Another thing you can try is to reupload all theme files and wordpress files – maybe a file is corrupt.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘500 Internal Server Error – Home Page Only’ is closed to new replies.