Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hi there,

I installed WordPress.org today (no problem) and then I installed the Propulsion WordPress theme (still no problem). I started editing the theme and everything worked well. However, all of a sudden my site became unresponsive and very, very slow (both in the front-end and in the back-end). I don’t recall installing any plugin or doing anything out of the ordinary before this happened. Nevertheless, it became so bad that sometimes (like now) I would try to log in and all I would get is the following error message:

500 Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Apache Server at analytics-business-intelligence.com Port 80

END QUOTE

It’s gotten so bad that usually I can’t even log in any more (and even if I do, everything is SO, SO SLOW), which means I can’t even access my WordPress.org Dashboard in the back-end to try figure out a way to fix it. I initially suspected it might be a server issue, but judging from GoDaddy’s response (see below), it seems like the problem is on my WordPress theme’s side. Also, even if I wanted to follow their advice, I couldn’t, because I’m not a techie and can’t access my dashboard the normal way. If there’s another workaround, please give me very clear step-by-step instructions.

Please help! This is urgent. I can’t afford to have a site that (a) doesn’t always open or (b) opens, but is so slow that no-one will bother to use it. Thanks.

SUPPORT STAFF RESPONSE (FROM GODADDY.COM)

Dear Stephanus,

Thank you for contacting Online Support. During our review of your account, we did not see any issue with the operational status of your hosting account. There do appear to be some plugins installed that may be causing the issues you have described.

Every time a visitor goes to your WordPress® blog, the server processes PHP scripts and establishes a database connection—in laymen’s terms, it’s doing a lot of work. The busier your site is, the slower this process becomes.

Slow page loads are problematic as they discourage visitors from visiting your site. The usual culprits are improperly configured or misbehaving plugins or using images that are hosted on other, slower servers.

To speed up your site, try these solutions:

Consider installing plug-ins like the Performance Profiler Plugin, W3 Total Cache, WP-Super-Cache, and WP-DBManager.

Replace links to external images with images uploaded to your WordPress site.

Disable all plugins, and then re-enable plugins one-by-one to see which causes the slowness.

NOTE: As a courtesy, we provide information about how to use certain third-party products, but we do not endorse or directly support third-party products and we are not responsible for the functions or reliability of such products.

Please let us know if we can assist you in any other way.

Sincerely,

Stan P.

Online Support Team

Customer Inquiry

Name : Stephanus

Domain Name : http://www.analytics-business-intelligence.com

Shopper Validated : Yes

Browser : Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_7_3) AppleWebKit/535.19 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/18.0.1025.163 Safari/535.19

Hi stephanusdekock,

Sorry you’re having trouble. As of right now though I’m able to access the website. Did you resolve the issue on your own?

If it occurs again, GoDaddy has outline the steps you can take. Disable all plugins. Install W3 Total Cache or WP-Super-Cache – both plugins you download via Plugins > Add New.

Also remember Propulsion is designed to work with the plugins WooCommerce and bbPress. If you’re not planing to start your own store or run your own forum then you do not have to install these.

Regards,

Mya

Hi,

My website is also very slow. I used wordpress with other themes but never had a so slow website.

I install cache plugin to speed the front office but tne back office remain so slow that I can’t do my job.

Is there a way to speed up this theme ?

Please it’s urgent !

Hi Florent,

You may need to have your host increase the amount of memory your site has access to on the server. Its usually the case when you run into this kind of thing with the backend and avia framework.

Regards,

Devin

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘500 Internal Server Error – Propulsion theme doesn't open or is very, very slow’ is closed to new replies.