Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Hi,

I’ve installed wordpress, the abundance theme and woo commerce a couple of weeks back and it was working perfectly. My website is http://www.beadskool.com. I started uploading some products to the website and everything was ok. A couple of days ago I found that the website is showing the following error message :-

“Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Apache Server at beadskool.com Port 80″

I can’t log into wp-admin console to make any changes and I would hate to have to reinstall everything again. Is there any way I can fix this please.

Also, a couple of weeks ago I received an email update from godaddy which said that they were updating their php scripts and I don’t have to do anything. I don’t know if the update could be the cause of the problem. The content of email from Godaddy is as follows:-

“We’re making a small change to your hosting account jp2u.com (my main hosting account/domain) to make sure it continues to work as intended.

On October 1st, 2012 we will deploy Alternative PHP Cache (APC) to your hosting account. APC can siginficantly improve the performance of PHP driven web sites, reducing load times.

We have noticed that one or more of your hosted websites uses IONCube, Zend Guard, or Zend Optimizer.

To ensure that these programs will not conflict with APC, we will modify your account’s php.ini file by adding “apc.enable=0″ during this deployment.

This update will disable APC and lets your website continue to run as it always has.

Please Note: If you modify the php.ini file by removing “apc.enable=0,” your site might stop functioning.”

Please help me fix this, I am worried that I would have to reinstall everything again.

Thanks

Hi fieryfox98,

You’ll need to be able to access your wordpress installation via FTP so make sure you can do that first. Then, try deleting the plugins that you have installed. This won’t hurt the data stored for your products or anything. This will be in the wp-content>plugins . Each plugin is a folder and can be deleted.

Then try to access your site, if you still can not, then you’ll need to delete the theme file as well to try and get wordpress to default back to twenty eleven. So go to wp-content>themes and delete abundance there and then try and access your site again.

Finally, call godaddy and see if they can take a look. They have mediocre customer service but they do have some automated tools to scan for issues that might be able to help as well.

Regards,

Devin

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘500 Internal Server Error’ is closed to new replies.