Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I am suddenly getting a 503 error:

“Service Temporarily Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.”

when attempting to add pages to the menu. All other functions are working fine. Tried adding different pages, tried replacing the nav-menus.php page since that comes up in the URL bar, still keep getting same error.

Tried same function on different site using same theme on same server, works fine.

Help!

Hey,

to be honest the 503 error doesn’t tell me much because it’s too general without error logs but I think this thread may help you: http://www.kriesi.at/support/topic/limit-on-number-of-added-items-on-menu-manager-a-major-menu-manager-bug#post-15153

I’ve looked through the thread that you posted and a couple others that seemed related, and for those experiencing this issues it seems we all have different thresholds where the problem manifests itself. Some say 15 menu items, others much higher.

My hosting provider (Dreamhost) tells me I need to create a custom php.ini file and make the changes myself. That’s out of my scope of expertise and comfort level but I guess I’ll try it if that’s the only option. I don’t really even know what that file is or what it does so it makes me nervous to screw around with it.

<fingers crossed>

Added

suhosin.post.max_vars = 5000

suhosin.request.max_vars = 5000

and

suhosin.post.max_vars = 0

suhosin.request.max_vars = 0

per posts in above article, but it had no effect. Still cannot add menu items.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘503 error when editing menus’ is closed to new replies.