April 12, 2011 at 11:13 pm #3854
OK, I bought the theme and installed it. Works like a charm which is great, because I’m really new at this. Still…
1. I thought I could place the image slider on top of my blog overview page (it’s a tech blog, the blog page is the default frontpage). Namely, I’d like to have a few posts featured in the slider on top of the page. Something like the recent posts widget only not in a sidebar. Can it be done within the theme or do I need a plugin (and if so, which one)?
It doesn’t even have to be a slider. Say 5 featured portfolio posts above the normal blog posts. But I’m guessing that’s even harder to do… :)
2. I want to use the content slider to hide “Specifications” part of reviews (2 slides, the body of the review and specs). Works well, it’s just that it’s hard to tell that the slider is there (I don’t want it to autorotate). Can I make the slide title visible and clickable? Like toggles, just horizontal?
3. Where can I change the height of blog post images (in the blog overview)? The default is 200, I’d like to have it around 300 to 400. Width is set to 574 which is fine.April 14, 2011 at 2:01 pm #43939
1) At the moment it’s not possible to use the slideshow on the blog page. Maybe Kriesi will release an update which incoporates this feature but for now it’s not possible.
2) Make sure that no number/value is used in the shortcode call – this will deactivate autorotation. Example code for a non autorotating content slider:
[slide title="Slide 1"]Slide 1 content goes here.[/slide]
[slide title="Slide 2"]Slide 2 content goes here.[/slide]
[slide title="Slide 3"]Slide 3 content goes here.[/slide]
3) You can change it in functions.php – search for following line and adjust the value:
$avia_config['imgSize']['blog'] = array('width'=>574, 'height'=>200); // image for blog postsApril 15, 2011 at 9:15 am #43940
1. That would rock!
2. That’s how it works now. Still, slide titles are visible only when slide comes into view. It would be nice if the titles were visible all the time. Here is the test page I’m working on: http://www.baud.si/testiranje/sneguljcica-in-sedem-palcev/
The second paragraph is the content slider. First slide is titled “Zunanjost” (exterior), second is “Specifikacije” (specifications) which isn’t visible until you click on the far right of the paragraph. I guess I could do this with tabs, but the slider is just so stylish. :)
3. Works. Thanks.April 15, 2011 at 4:49 pm #43941
Re 2) – the problem I see here is that it would irritate some user (maybe even me?) if all headlines (or some headlines) would display instead or in addition to the dots. Imagine content slider with more than 2 or 3 slides and long headlines. Many vistors won’t understand that the headlines link to slides or if there’re too long/too many headlines they think it’s a display error. However if more user request this feature I’ll suggest it to Kriesi.April 17, 2011 at 12:50 pm #43942
I imagine your’re right. Still, in this case it would be applicable. I do have to say that content slider is just one of the solutions I’m considering. Another one would be just to put the stats in the far right column, below the scorecard. Maybe have 2/3 + 1/3 layout instead of 3/4 + 1/4. If anyone can think of something better, I’m open to suggestions. :)
It’s just that the theme has so many great features and I’d really like to use more of them. :)April 18, 2011 at 6:17 am #43943
The topic ‘A featured slider in blog overview (default frontpage) and some minor things’ is closed to new replies.