If you have troubles since the update to WordPress 4.5 please read this post before opening a new thread.
January 11, 2013 at 7:31 pm #19317
Adding image to a slideshow fails, all things work as usual: spinning arrow, green checkmark appears. But no entry for the slide appears.
It worked a few days ago, then my client added some content, and now it doesn’t work. I suspect an AJAX failure of some sort… Tried reinstalling WP 3.5, disabling all plugins, still doesn’t work. I can still add featured images when I change the theme back to Twenty Twelve.
Would be happy to give you a login/password for you to check it out if necessary. Thanks in advance!January 12, 2013 at 2:04 am #103216
More info – tried resetting all theme options, reinstalling the theme, all to no effect. I see the same error message about avia_ajax_element as the linked post when I try to add a slideshow to a new template too. There must be something in the database causing the problem, and I have no idea how to go about finding out what it is…January 13, 2013 at 10:52 pm #103217
If you can create a temporary admin account for me I’ll login and take a look. Can you also indicate which post specifically has the issue(or if its all of them).
I’ll most likely need to make a test post and push it live though only for a minute or so.
You can send the information to my email at DevinVinson (at) gmail.com. Make sure to include a link to this topic so that my spam filter doesn’t grab it :)
DevinJanuary 14, 2013 at 2:26 am #103218January 14, 2013 at 2:55 pm #103219
Not sure whats going on. I’m having another support crew member take a look at the test post I created and your installation.
In your post you said it was working then stopped, did you make any changes to the installation (new plugins or anything at all) at or near that time?
DevinJanuary 14, 2013 at 10:39 pm #103220
I didn’t make any changes to plugins, but my client may have made changes to the content and menus… She doesn’t have permission for anything else.
Glad I am not the only one confused :)
If there’s anything else you need me to do or want to see, let me know.
JoshJanuary 15, 2013 at 5:13 am #103221
I wanted to let you know I’ve found the problem. It was exactly the same thing as the post I referenced in my original report. My client had created new content and pasted in several post titles from existing html and word documents, some of which contained a line separator character (^M or U+2028). I had exported the site content using WP’s “export” function and upon viewing the xml file with a simple unix “cat -vet” command, I saw the characters in the titles. Once I cleaned up all of the affected titles, I was able to add slides to the slideshows again.
Hopefully this can be helpful to you if it should occur again with someone else in the future.
Thanks again for your willingness to help and for producing awesome themes!
JoshJanuary 15, 2013 at 12:23 pm #103222
The topic ‘"Add image to slideshow" no longer working’ is closed to new replies.