If you have troubles since the update to WordPress 4.5 please read this post before opening a new thread.
April 4, 2014 at 3:57 pm #247506
I added one event to the calendar and the countdown clock automatically populated in the header. Been looking for some clear documentation for this..I have a few questions:
1. How do I get a small version of the calendar on the home page, or a feed that shows the upcoming events?
2. Can I choose which event I want it to countdown to? (I want a major community event happening a few months from not, not the weekly farmer’s market…)
2. How to edit/customize the text and the box color in the header countdown?
Thank you!April 7, 2014 at 8:53 am #248084
1) I recommend to use the template builder (Incarnation > Template builder) and the widget element: http://www.clipular.com/c/6297098957881344.png?k=qYjfWOuwkwY7p_ZATDP0igXUAsE to add a calendar widget to the front page. Insert a custom widget area name into the “Enter a widget area name” field and then go to the “Appearance > Widgets”. Afterwards drag’n’drop the “Events List Widget” widget into the new custom widget area and it should appear on the front page. Note that you must assign the template to the front page first.
2) By default the countdown will always show the next, upcoming event. If you want to limit it to a certain category of events open up wp-content/themes/incarnation/config-events-calendar/config.php and replace:
$defaults = array( 'posts_per_page' => 2, 'eventDisplay'=>'upcoming' );
$defaults = array( 'posts_per_page' => 2, 'eventDisplay'=>'upcoming', 'category__in' => array(2) );
and instead of 2 insert the id of the “Events Category” you want to feature in the countdown field. You can also feature multiple categories – just separate the ids with a comma like:
$defaults = array( 'posts_per_page' => 2, 'eventDisplay'=>'upcoming', 'category__in' => array(2, 4, 8) );
3) To change the text search for this line:
echo "<span class='next_event'>".__('Upcoming','avia_framework').":</span><a href='".$event_link."'>".apply_filters('the_title', $next_event->post_title)."</a>";
and replace “Upcoming” with your custom text.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.