November 4, 2010 at 5:33 pm #2141
Great theme! I am just about done with all of the customization, but I have 4 questions that I cannot figure out or find answers to on this forum (which is great btw). If you could help me out, I’d appreciate it greatly!
1. How do I change the color of the header? I want it to be a dark blue color.
2. How do I change the background color of the 2nd menu?
3. Is there a way to put a second logo in the header between the social media icons and the menu?
4. I cannot for the life of me get the post thumbnails that are attached to the featured images in the slider to appear correctly. Cropping hasn’t worked, new files altogether haven’t worked. How do I just make it where there are no pictures attached to the posts?
Thank you for your help!
BethNovember 5, 2010 at 7:17 am #36826
1. You’ll have to open the file PSD and modify it and re-export the slices to get the header area. Then save it over the old wp-content/themes/newscast/images/skin1/bg.png.
2. When you say 2nd menu do you mean the area on your site that has Home | About the Firm | SS Disability…
3. You can open up the file header.php and add it next to the current header image and floating it to the right with CSS. If you are not familiar with how to do this, I can generate some example code.
4. Do you mean a page like this: http://184.108.40.206/~charlfl6/?p=60November 9, 2010 at 7:36 pm #36828
Thanks for your reply, Noah.
Yes, when I say 2nd menu, I mean the area that has HOME, ABOUT THE FIRM, SS DISABILITY, etc.
And yes, I do mean a page like that you referenced on #4.
If you can generate example code for #3, that would be great!
Thank you!November 11, 2010 at 4:05 pm #36829
Can you let me know when you’ve disabled Maintenance Mode so I can take a look?
JamesNovember 11, 2010 at 8:25 pm #36830November 16, 2010 at 1:13 pm #36831
The background of the menu is controlled by the background image applied to the body tag in style1.css:
background:url("../images/skin1/bg.png") repeat-x scroll 0 0 #FFFFFF;
You need to edit the image (either by direct editing or from the PSD included with the theme package) to change the colour.
The topic ‘Change Header and Menu Colors’ is closed to new replies.