July 12, 2013 at 5:45 am #26096
I’m really happy with the theme – still after a year but would love to do some changes:
– using a entry picture (Beitragsbild) which doesn’t show up as super large slider image
– delating the suggest articels
– adding the post author to each entry
– adding more social media buttons & removing the slide color
Is this possible and if how?
TinaJuly 14, 2013 at 8:08 am #129285
1) Sentence does not use the default wordpress “featured image” option (Beitragsbild) but it will set the first slideshow image (Featured media image) as featured image. Add one or more images to the slideshow and the first image will be used as “Beitragsbild”.
2) In single.php delete
//show related posts based on tags if there are any
3) Afaik sentence already displays the post author at the bottom of the post: http://www.kriesi.at/themes/sentence/ – eg “By Kriesi” on the demo page.
4) No, Sentence does not support more social services and we’ll probably remove the “social media” buttons with the next update. However see: http://www.kriesi.at/support/topic/ (Purchase code hidden if logged out) -plugin – I mentioned some popular sharing plugins there.July 14, 2013 at 10:21 am #129286
1) Is there a way to reduce the size of the featured media image for all uploads?
3) I can’t find any By on my articels -> http://www.lunchforone.de
And just another questions, is it possible to move the menu from the sidebar to under the header since I noticed that my readers like it more if its in that spot?
TinaJuly 14, 2013 at 10:22 am #129287
And about 2, I’m already using a different plugin for the sharing but I was pointing to the social media buttongs on the top of the page that links to your accounts.July 16, 2013 at 1:16 am #129288
1) You can use http://wordpress.org/plugins/simple-image-sizes/ to change the size of the image that gets generated but it will still constrain to the container width. Changing that dimension is beyond what we could walk you through via support since it would need to be adjusted and still keep all responsive functionality and be cross browser compatible.
3) My guess is that this is a result of using a old version of the theme and a bug within it. You can download an updated theme from your downloads on Themeforest and install the update on top of your current files just like your first install.
Moving the menu from the sidebar would need to be done by freelance developer for the same depth of issues as #1 to maintain the integrity of all the theme features.
The topic ‘Changes to the theme’ is closed to new replies.