I searched the posts and did not find anything specific to my with Choices and Explorer 8.
I recently built a site with the Choices theme and the Client is not happy that it is not displaying properly in Explorer 8 on three of their office computers. The site looks fine in Chrome and Firefox.
Would there be any code I could insert that would make the theme display properly in Explorer 8 for those that have not upgraded to Explorer 10?
You need to give us more details.. What doesn’t work on IE8? Please post a link to the website.
The website URL is http://MillcraftCustomWindows.com.
My laptop is running Explorer 8 and when using this browser to display the website using the Choices theme, here are some of the issues:
1. On the Welcome/Home page
– Columns are shifted around on the page and text is missing
– Part of the text on the “Client Support” tab has been cut off
2. On the Millcraft History Nav (child) link
– Text is out of alignment in the first paragraph
– 7 images are missing
3. On the Partners Nav link
– 13 images are missing (not displaying)
1) Please remove the code above the html tag:
<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=10; IE=9; IE=8; IE=7;" />
Afaik it’s not pöart of the theme code but probably a third party plugin adds it to the page.
2) Please make sure that the website html code is valid (closing/opening tags are set properly, etc.). I tested the website and there’re a lot of serious html errors: http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fmillcraftcustomwindows.com%2F&charset=%28detect+automatically%29&doctype=Inline&group=0
like (‘end tag for element “DIV” which is not open’, etc.). Unfortunately IE is very picky when it comes to html code and the website layout breaks easily if the html code is not valid.
The topic ‘Choices Theme in Explorer 8 Issues’ is closed to new replies.