If you have troubles since the update to WordPress 4.5 please read this post before opening a new thread.
October 9, 2013 at 12:04 am #172772
Contact form not working after the 1st message was sent successfully to the email.
Upon 2nd and subsequent try, the send message label is not showing up and I did not receive any email from the form.
2nd Question, can i select the checkbox by default?
KevinOctober 9, 2013 at 8:34 am #172903
1) Did you reload the page after you sent the message with the contact form?
2) Yes, but you need to modify the theme files and this code change will affect all checkboxes. Open up /wp-content/themes/enfold/framework/php/class-form-generator.php and replace
if(!empty($_POST[$id])) $checked = 'checked="checked"';
$checked = 'checked="checked"';
PeterOctober 9, 2013 at 9:02 am #172912
1) Yes and No. And the success message is not displaying properly, only display a portion of it.
2) Will the author add this feature in the upcoming release?October 10, 2013 at 8:14 am #173476
1) Please create me an admin account and post the login credentials as private reply. I’ll look into it and test the contact form first hand. Right now I can’t access it and I just see a “coming soon” page.
2) The contact form does not support default field values at the moment (like default text for textboxes/textareas or checked checkboxes, etc.). You can suggest the feature here: http://www.kriesi.at/support/topic/enfold-feature-requests/page/11/ but afaik nobody else requested this feature yet and it can take some time. You might want to try an advanced contact form plugin like: Formidable or Contact Form 7.
PeterOctober 10, 2013 at 10:02 am #173516October 14, 2013 at 2:23 pm #175058
The login doesn’t seem to work with the spelling provided. Another thing to try is deactivating all other plugins you have installed and see if that helps the contact form to working in general.
Also contact your hosting provider and see if there are any limitations on using php’s mail function (eg spam protection).
The topic ‘Contact Form not working’ is closed to new replies.