If you have troubles since the update to WordPress 4.5 please read this post before opening a new thread.
1. I have a live site that I’m trying to redo. I’d like to finish the design on a test site and then move it to the live site. What is the best way to “copy” the design from the test site to the live site? I was hoping to see a bunch of shortcodes to be created in the WP default text editor, but that does not seem to be the case. Can I create a template and then import it from another site?
2. We are a training company and would like to showcase a bunch of products. Example of a product is: http://requirementsinc.com/ba/course – As you can see, we need to provide a LOT of details on each product. My question is, your portfolio pages have a nice way of displaying in the home page, related products, etc. but is there any downside of creating a “portfolio page” rather than a “default page”? For instance, am I limited in design, sidebars, etc?
3. I see that testimonials need to be typed on each page it needs to appear. Is there a way to create another post type (using types plugin as demonstrated by one of your videos) and then use that to display testimonials in the formats supported by the theme? This will allow me to avoid typing it each time, just linking to a specific testomonial set that can be maintained separately.
1) No, I’m not aware of an import feature atm but you can try to activate the debug mode – add following code to functions.php:
//set builder mode to debug
It should help you to view/copy the shortcodes (you’ll see the shortcodes in the standard editor if you switch from the advanced editor to the standard editor).
2) No, afaik there’re no limitations
3) No, but you can save & re-use existing templates: http://www.screenr.com/ee97
The topic ‘Copy Advanced Layout design: test site to live site, Portfolio, testimonial qn.’ is closed to new replies.