If you have troubles since the update to WordPress 4.5 please read this post before opening a new thread.
I am currently applying the Habitat theme to my WordPress installation.
I do have a couple of questions about customizing it, which I cant seem to figure out. I tried installing a clean wordpress and using the “Import dummy data” to see how you got your preview up and running like that, but when I do that, it doesn’t look at the version shown at Themeforest.
1. Is it possible to remove the sidebar from the single blog post page? I do want the sidebar on the page that shows a couple of blog posts, but no on the page showing the full post. ( I did this now by editing the PHP + CSS file).
2. The same for portfolio pages. I would like to remove the sidebar from pages from the portfolio, can this be done?
3. My “home” page does not show a slider. I created a page in my “pages” and called it Home. But when I do that, it shows twice on the top navigation menu.
Take a look at http://www.wimhaanstra.com for an example.
1) Yes, just remove following code from single.php:
$k_option['showSidebar'] = 'blog';
<div class="wrapper" id='wrapper_main'>
<div class="wrapper fullwidth" id='wrapper_main'>
2) Please use the menu manager under appereance > menu
You can create your own menu there. You need to assign featured images to your homepage.
The topic ‘Couple of questions’ is closed to new replies.