1. Is it possible to remove the ability of users to make comments on blog post pages?
2. Can you customize what info is on blog posts such as who posted or other info?
3. The copy on the sidebar for recent posts is very small. I never thought i would be asking this as a designer, but, is there a way to make the font bigger or different?
Thanks as always.
1) You can change the comment settings from the main wordpress core options. Go to Settings>discussion.
2) Customization like that would need to be done with css or modifying the php files from the theme.
3) Do you mean the Latest News widget like on this page: http://www.kriesi.at/themes/enfold/blog/ ?
First of all, thx Devin.
3. yes, the latest news widget font size.
You can add something like this on your custom.css or Quick CSS
Devin, i went into Settings > Discussions and there is nothing that will turn off the comments area on individual blog pages. I unchecked everything.
Also, I am noticing that on an iPad the menu runs underneath the logo. Is there any way to prevent that? Is there a way to just have the menu flounder the logo?
I finally figured out how to split a post, so that is resolved.
I still dont know where custom.css or Quick css is. I saw a post from another user, but Enfold says not to do anything to style.css.
And the menu still goes under the logo on an ipad. any suggestions?
The quick css field can be found on the theme options page (Enfold > Styling).
The custom.css file is located in the enfold/css folder but WordPress won’t show it on the theme editor page. You can use ftp to download the file (navigate to wp-content/themes/enfold/css) or install an advanced editor plugin like: http://wordpress.org/plugins/solid-code-theme-editor/
The topic ‘Customizing info and functionality on blog posts’ is closed to new replies.