If you have troubles since the update to WordPress 4.5 please read this post before opening a new thread.
July 13, 2011 at 4:17 pm #5019
How do I get rid of the Date and Comments off from the portfolio’s page?
I’ve tried removing the comment section from index.php, but it doesn’t seem to make a difference. Also, with the portfolio page, i only want the featured images to display, not any text from the portfolio. My users need to click on the image to view the text for that image. This is a dog site, so each portfolio page is the pedigree and information about that dog. Right now every pedigree is showing by default. I need to have it show only when the user chooses to go to that particular page and view the information for that particular dog.July 13, 2011 at 5:34 pm #48528
I still haven’t been able to figure out how to get the dates, categories and comments off removed
however the Portfolio part…………..I think I”m doing something incorrectly.
If I have the menu item be the category for the portfolio (in this case) Boys. I see a list one after the other of the boys, with all the content of those pages. I do not get a portfolio page like the demo, where you get a smaller image, a bit of text. I think this is the problem. But if I change the portfolio options to display portfolio on a particular page………………I get the page but no images of the contents of that portfolio………..Am I missing something?July 13, 2011 at 9:35 pm #48529
To remove the date and comment notice on the top of every portfolio listing you can go to single.php and remove
<span class="categories"><?php the_category(', '); echo $terms; ?></span>
<span class="date"><?php the_time('M d, Y') ?></span>
<span class="comments"><?php comments_popup_link(__('No Comments','cleancut'), __('1 Comment','cleancut'), __('% Comments','cleancut')); ?></span>
A bit lower you can remove
<div class='entry commententries'>
<?php comments_template(); ?>
To remove comments.
If I understand correct you’re trying to link the page ( of which you’ve just deleted date & comments from ) to yet another page showing text belonging to this entry. As far as I know this isn’t a standard function, as that page is the “deepest” level you can go.
The top level should be the portfolio page, listing images with or without text with a read more button (as shown here. These thumbnails should take you to the page we have just edited. You can’t link images in this page to yet another page.July 14, 2011 at 4:08 pm #48530
Thanks for your help. In general this has worked to remove the date and comments off. However its still showing up on one page, which the page I am and was having problems to begin with.
if you go to
This is the Portfolio page for the boys. As you will see when you go to this site, I’ve tried other ways to get the portfolio page to work but it wont. So issue
1) On this page I still get date and comments off for EACH portfolio page its listing
2) I want the page to look like the one you described
It does not. Rather than show a thumbnail and a little text it shows the entire portfolio page one after another.
I have tried
1) Under CleanCut Options > Portfolio Options >
1. Portfolio Link Image > When clicking on a Portfolio Image what should happen? > Show Portfolio Single Post
If I click on an image on the current page it opens the image in a light box instead of taking me to the individual portfolio page
2. Portfolio Page 1 > Select a Page to display Portfolio 1 > Boys && Select Categories to display in Portfolio 1 > Our Boys
The Boys page Does NOT show any portfolio entries at all. When I make Our Boys a menu item I get a listing one right after the other of each item in the portfolio category and it shows all the text from the end page. I do not want the portfolio page to look like that.
What I need is for it to look like it does here:
Except, I do not what and text under the pictures and I do not want a read more button. My user should click on the image of the dog and be taken to that dogs page (or the full portfolio page).
I hope that clarifies things a little bit. I’m probably missing something simple, but its frustrating none the lessJuly 14, 2011 at 6:35 pm #48531
you can create as many portfolio pages as you like in your admin panel (CleanCut Options > Portfolio Options). Each portfolio is assigned to a page and you need to select one or more portfolio categories for each portfolio.
1) Create some pages – go to Pages > Add New to create your portfolio pages.
2) Now you need to tell CleanCut that these pages should be used as portfolios – go to CleanCut Options > Portfolio Options and as many portfolios as you like. Each portfolio needs a page and assigned portfolio categories.
3) Go to Appearance > Menus and add the pages you use as portfolio pages to your menu. At the moment you link to portfolio categories – they’re displayed in archive view and don’t use the portfolio template/view.July 14, 2011 at 10:36 pm #48532
Ok,….. I didn’t change the layout. That parts fixed. How do I get rid of the text and read more button?July 14, 2011 at 10:37 pm #48533July 15, 2011 at 5:07 am #48534
1) Open up template_portfolio.php and remove:
echo "<a href='".get_permalink()."' class='more-link'>".__('Read more','cleancut')."</a>";
2) It’s a more complexy task – you can follow the instructions posted here: http://www.kriesi.at/support/topic/ (Purchase code hidden if logged out) -sidebar and here: http://www.kriesi.at/support/topic/ (Purchase code hidden if logged out)
The topic ‘Dates and Comments Off’ is closed to new replies.