If you have troubles since the update to WordPress 4.5 please read this post before opening a new thread.
April 30, 2012 at 10:52 pm #11954
This is my second purchase from your line of kriesi templates and I realized the older templates do not have the same great features and functionality the new ones do. Even though the old templates are the same price as the new ones, could the team at kriesi not go back and add the latest features to the older templates such as drop caps, short codes, etc?
I have 3 issues with my current project:
1. Google is only indexing the menu of the Main page of the site. When you type in the Google search it looks like this: (see below)
http://www.miamiinverted.com/http://www.miamiinverted.com. MainHOME PAGE · DipstickPURCHASE NOW! The BookMIAMI INVERTED; GalleryNEWS AND MORE. In The News · Photo …
So the rest of the content is not getting picking up except the menu. Is this because of the Cube slider? Is there a fix for this or should I just rearrange the main template or would the video lightboxes also be a problem?
2. Read More buttons. I can’t create a read-more a:hover as the site is calling on the .wrapper a:hover which affects ALL hovers. Is there a fix for this?
3. Z-Index not working with Android. As I have tried to find a solution for this, when the site is viewed by phone, the submenus and the logo get CUT OFF by the slider on my Android Phone. Is there a fix for this?
Thanks so much!May 3, 2012 at 3:12 pm #73725
Kriesi has gone back and updated some of the themes but any updates have to be compatible with previous version which means the depth of changes are limited. Tthemes running on the Avia Framework and will generally have similar features.
1) Google can be a bit tricky. When I google the site name I get the following:
The menu is what is supposed to be shown under the main page link as its what google thinks is the navigation scheme and wants to provide that to people.
background-image: url(image.gif) !important;
3) I’m not sure if Android has support for z-index or not. It might be because of the browser having to deal with flash that it needs some kind of special tweaking but I’m just not sure.
The topic ‘Display Theme – Google indexing, Z-Index and Read-More Buttons’ is closed to new replies.