June 24, 2013 at 5:25 pm #25295
Hi, can you please assist me with the following tasks. Some background: I installed Enfold theme + WPML plugin (which is supposed to have full support). The site is here: avv.test0.biz , htaccess is admin / admin .
1. http://avv.test0.biz/?page_id=734 how can I make the “НОВИНИ” block have the same layout as on this page http://www.kriesi.at/themes/enfold/shortcodes/blog-element/ the “Half Sized Blog Element (Single Author Style)”? My developer says that a sidebar is required for this, to remove the “fullsize” class to make this happen. I think it’s kind of odd. Is there another way to control this without messing up with the code?
2. http://avv.test0.biz/?page_id=1167 — I created a contact form, translated it in Ukrainian, however it does not send emails sometimes. When it does, the fields I mixed up and not all fields go through. Ukrainian is one of the supported languages as far as I can see. My developer says, that some cyrillic characters don’t pass the filter when the form is processed.
3. Is there a way to control showing/not showing post feature images for Blog Posts controls?
Thank you.June 25, 2013 at 2:59 pm #126433
For #1, that page was created using the Advanced Layout Editor and the blog elements inside layout elements. So there is no need to modify any code to get that layout (or *any* layout done in the demo as its all created using the theme options).
2) Yes, there are some issues with cyrillic support but I don’t have experience with them off hand. I’ve tagged the topic for another of the support crew who does and should be able to offer some additional help.
3) No, not at the moment as far as I know.
DevinJune 25, 2013 at 4:53 pm #126434
2). Your developer is correct. http://www.kriesi.at/support/topic/ (Purchase code hidden if logged out) – (Purchase code hidden if logged out) -contact-form#post-114535 This post has instructions on what to do.
3) Its possible but its also experimental. You can turn on the advanced layout builder for posts. That will allow you to add a featured image which will be seen on the main blog page (or wherever you add the blog element to a page) , but on the individual blog posts the feature image will not show, and you will be able to either add it as an image element, or add a slider or have no image, since you will be able to use all the elements available , same as on pages.
To add the layout elements to posts open config-templatebuilder/avia-template-builder/config/meta.php and change line 5 to look like
array( 'title' =>__('Avia Layout Builder','avia_framework' ), 'id'=>'avia_builder', 'page'=>array('portfolio','page,'post''), 'context'=>'normal', 'priority'=>'high', 'expandable'=>true ),
You will also need to replace template-builder.php in the main folder with https://gist.github.com/meishern/bfbf909055e7b967dd5b this file. Without it, posts with layout elements will not have meta data or comments. This form will also add comments functionality to portfolio items.
NickJune 25, 2013 at 9:44 pm #126435June 26, 2013 at 7:55 am #126436
The topic ‘Enfold layout and Translation questions’ is closed to new replies.