Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #20180

    Hi thanks for the great Eunoia theme! I’ve just discovered that the header menu doesn’t display properly in Internet explorer or firefox. Ive tried it on 3 computers here and get the same issue. http://www.kriesi.at/themedemo/?theme=eunoia

    Hopefully you can help.

    Many Thanks

    Richard.

    #106581

    Hi Richard,

    I’m not really sure what you mean by not displaying properly. This is what I get in Chrome, Firefox and IE in that order below:

    2ue39k0.png

    Regards,

    Devin

    #106582

    Hi Devin,

    Thanks for getting back to me. Hmm, how strange that it works for you but not me, this is what I get in chrome, firefox and explorer and Ive tried it on 3 computers in the office and get the same…

    http://www.visual-motif.co.uk/images/chrome.jpg

    http://www.visual-motif.co.uk/images/firefox.jpg

    http://www.visual-motif.co.uk/images/internet-explorer.jpg

    Hopefully you will see what I mean this time.

    Cheers

    Richard.

    #106583

    Your office could have specific security settings or something like that that could be causing the issue.

    Can you let us know the OS for the computers you are testing on?

    #106584

    Hi Devin,

    We are running win 7 pro on all machines with no fancy settings. Pretty much straight out of the box.

    Cheers Rich

    #106585

    The problem is the Helvetica font. Eunoia uses Helvetica (or Neue Helvetica) as the default website font and in your case the Helvetica font is broken.

    Three solutions:

    1) Install a proper Helvetica font pack on your windows pc. Make sure that you remove all “old” Helvetica fonts first.´

    2) Uninstall all Helvetica fonts. Your Win PC will then use Arial.

    3) Add following code to custom.css:

    .main_menu ul:first-child > li > a{
    font-family: Arial, "HelveticaNeue", "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif;
    }

    .widgettitle, .miniheading, .author_name, #reply-title, #top .logged-in-as, .dynamic-column-title{
    font: 10px/17px Arial, "HelveticaNeue", "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, sans-serif;
    }

    #top #wrap_all .big_button{
    font: 12px/40px Arial, "HelveticaNeue", "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, sans-serif;

    body {
    font: 13px/1.65em Arial, "HelveticaNeue", "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, sans-serif;

    The css code will replace the “default” Helvetica font with Arial. Macs will still use Helvetica because they don’t have Arial installed.

    #106586

    Hi Dude!

    I’ve added the code to the css and its fixed it…. fantastic ! thanks for sorting this massive respect to you.

    Cheers

    Rich

    #106587

    Glad Peter could help :)

    I hadn’t thought about Helvetica being the culprit.

    Let us know if you have any other questions or issues.

    Regards,

    Devin

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Eunoia theme – Internet explorer & firefox menu issue.’ is closed to new replies.