I have three issues with my install of the Sentence theme, seen here: http://lonelytailgater.com
1. The homepage shows full posts, I instead need it to automatically show excerpts. We have a lot of posts, I can’t manually enter the more tag into all of them. Please let me know what file I need to edit to automatically create excerpts, just like our audio page has: http://lonelytailgater.com/category/audio
2. If you scroll down to the bottom, you’ll see the footer is misaligned. There’s a vertical white stripe on the left, and there’s a gap on the right. How could this have happened?
3. My twitter feed in the sidebar nor the footer is working. I’m linking it to “lonelytailgater” which is active at twitter.com/lonelytailgater, so why isn’t it loading?
For #1, you can make the change to using excerpts from this post: http://www.kriesi.at/support/topic/show-excerpt-on-sentence#post-68289
You would also need to do this on each post format since by default this code is only supported on the foromat-standard loop.
2) It looks like you’ve moved the footer and socket divs inside the main container. I can’t say for sure how it was done but it was probably in making a change to the footer and a single closing div was just left out. You’ll need to re-download the theme files from your downloads on themeforest and then compare your footer.php to the unaltered version. If the two are the same, it would be somewhere else that a file has been edited.
3) The twitter API switched over to the new version this month so you need to create your own new twitter widget code directly from twitter. Go to https://twitter.com/settings/widgets and generate the code for a new twitter widget. Then paste that code into a text widget where you want the feed to go.
The topic ‘Excerpts on homepage, layout misalignment, twitter not working’ is closed to new replies.