If you have troubles since the update to WordPress 4.5 please read this post before opening a new thread.
August 10, 2011 at 11:46 am #5383
I’m trying to achieve following: load a transparent flash banner on top of my site once per session. My idea is to create an absolute positioned DIV on top of the normal site content. This DIV will contain flash video to be played. Are there any flaws in my desing thinking?
Have anyone done such thing and could share some experiences with me?
AlexAugust 10, 2011 at 12:34 pm #49945
glad You have looked into my question.
Wheter it is a flash or other content – that is to decide – ;) A I have already done some work. I have achieved to show an absolute positioned div on top of my site displaying the content of the flash animation. The main goals are now (from simple to complex):
1. how to center an absolute div?
2. to display these content once per session (use cookie, but how? never done that)
3. display it on top of the other content but the content should be visible through under (could be dimmed using prettyphoto, lightbox, fancybox or whatever?)
How about that?August 10, 2011 at 1:19 pm #49947
2) I worked with sessions, etc. before but it’s way too complex to cover this topic here – google is a real helper here.
3) You can use prettyphoto to display swf files: http://www.no-margin-for-errors.com/projects/prettyphoto-jquery-lightbox-clone/August 10, 2011 at 1:20 pm #49948
OK, self solved question no 1.
For others… to achieve this you have to add following cod to the div definition in your .css file:
1. Content to display width is 1246px.
Others questions: cookie setting once per session, and seeing other content through remain the same.
The topic ‘Flash content splash screen on top’ is closed to new replies.