Kriesi and team,
I'm in a tight spot with my Flashlight themed web site:
• Flashlight is freezing the IE7 and IE8 browsers in WinXP.
• The page loads, and after a couple of seconds the browser stops responding.
• I have disabled all plug ins to troubleshoot a Java script conflict, as per another post on the subject ("Mobile browsing with flashlight").
• I am using the latest theme from Themeforest, 1.9, with no modifications.
• The site works properly in Safari and Chrome.
• site is WP 3.5
• A fix is needed urgently and I require your help troubleshooting if possible
• I have not posted the link because of the confidential nature of the site.
I have been building out a Flashlight-themed web site for our corporation over the past year. When i first laid the ground work for this project, Ie7 and Ie8 worked properly with flashlight, on Wp 3.4 . Over the last many months I added content and customized the theme for our tastes while updating the framework, functions, and individual css files as they've been released to Themeforest. To trouble shoot this problem I have removed my own modified version of the theme -- what is on the site presently is the 'vanilla' vr1.9 of flashlight from Themeforest.
The timing is most unfortunate. We anticipate a launch of the site for the New Year - and I've only just discovered this new problem while performing my final content updates and tests.
Any help you can provide is appreciated and I can offer you full access to the site and development server. I can be reached here, but as this is a corporate web site I would prefer to keep discussion off of the forums. Please contact me at 1.609.841.1459 (US, east Coast) or offer an e-mail where i can write to you with the site location and access information.
Thanks for any help you can provide, and Happy Holidays !