i am having issues trying to replicate the layout of the homepage from the demo.
1. i have created a page called “home” and chose it as the front page in the theme options
2. sidebar on the right ( i assume you go to the theme options/sidebars and assign a custom sidebar to the homepage.
3. slider/slideshow (how do you get this to appear?)
4. also, when using a dynamic template, how do you create a 2 column 66%33% where the first column displays a slider/slideshow of posts from a specific category and the 2nd column containing widgets?
could you please help me with this?
here’s the site: http://c895.pinnion.com/
Kriesi uses a custom template with:
1) Blog Element (you need to search for following option “Display featured posts from certain categories at the top of the News page?” and select yes – this will activate the featured slideshow).
2) Horizontal Ruler Element (with custom text “Recent Posts”)
3) Columns Element (with 4 columns 25% each and category posts in each column).
4) You can select the 2 columns element with a post/page in the first column (you can select to display the preview images only too) and in the second column add a custom widget area.
Hey, this is exactly what I was looking for. I have an additional question on that. I would like to have a full control for editing the home page.
I would like to define different categories for all half sized entries, eg top left entry would be category1, top right would be category2, then in the next row left category3 and so on.
How could I do that?
You can stack column elements, i.e. add several column elements with 2 columns (50%) to the homepage and select “categories/posts” as content.
The topic ‘home page layout like in the demo’ is closed to new replies.