If you have troubles since the update to WordPress 4.5 please read this post before opening a new thread.
October 22, 2012 at 6:35 pm #17247
I am pretty new to wordpress and can’t figure out how to set up my own portfolio. I have a portfolio page so far and need to upload my own images to it. And I want it to look exactly like this:
and when the user clicks on an image I want this slideshow to be displayed:
since the link doesn’t show which example I mean, it is the fourth image called slideshow which displays the kerem.co buisness cards.
Any help for a beginner much appreciated :) Also, should my images be in png format? And are they automatically resized or do I need to do that in advance?
Thanks!October 23, 2012 at 5:58 am #94718
1) Go Pages > Add New and create a new page (eg call it Portfolio).
2) Now that you’ve setup your portfolio page – we’re going to add some portfolio categories. Go to Portfolio Items > Portfolio Categories and add your categories.
3) Now we’re going to add those portfolio items. So go to Portfolio Items > Add New and add some portfolio entries. Assign these entries to your portfolio categories (see step 2). You mentioned adding a slideshow to the portfolio entry and we’ll do that here. On the Edit Portfolio Entry page scroll down to the “Add featured media” section and click upload. Yolu can now add as many images as you like as “featured images” to the portfolio entry. If you select more than one image Eunoia will create a slideshow. You can use jpgs or pngs and Eunoia will resize/crop them automatically if necessary. After you uploaded the images and configured the slideshow settings click the blue Publish button in the top the right of the Edit Portfolio Entry page. Repeat this step for all your portfolio entries.
4) Go to Eunoia > Theme Options > Portfolio and under “Which page should display the portfolio?” select the page you created in Step 1.
5) Continuing on that page select how many columns the portfolio should have (1, 2, 3, 4); how many portfolio items to show; which categories you want to show, if you want to show the title and excerpt; etc. Once done, click the green “Save All Changes” button.
6) Browse to your portfolio page, click refresh if necessary, and you should see your new portfolio item.October 23, 2012 at 12:09 pm #94719
Awesome, thanks for the response. I really appreciate it!
Everything worked perfectly thanks to your description EXCEPT I can’t seem to get rid of the full width slideshow on the portfolio page with the sample images (balloon, bee etc). My own portfolio items show up perfectly underneath it. I tried deleting the sample eunoia images from the media library and even emptied the trash. Now it shows a number that counts from 313 to 316 and still takes up a lot of white space in the main content area. How do I get rid of this so it only shows my portfolio pieces?
I hope my explanation made sense. Let me know if you need further explanation.
-MichelleOctober 23, 2012 at 2:36 pm #94720
It sounds like that page may have a slideshow attached to it either from the page meta options or from a dynamic template. If you aren’t sure, you can just create a temporary admin account for me and I’ll take a look real quick.
You can send the information to my email at DevinVinson (at) gmail.com. Make sure to include a link to this topic so that my spam filter doesn’t grab it :)
DevinOctober 23, 2012 at 2:46 pm #94721October 24, 2012 at 1:32 am #94722
The topic ‘How to load my own images to the portfolio page’ is closed to new replies.