I have Version 1.5 of Abundance and I'd like to update the theme to Version 1.6. What's the best way to update the theme so that it doesn't affect the work I've already done on my site http://www.no14chocolatehouse.co.uk
Try to backup your files and database. Usually a theme update will not affect the settings. Using FTP just override the theme files with latest version.
How can I first uninstall the old theme? I did not have a chance to do much with it yet (just learning at this time). I can then do a clean install of the newest certified version through the WordPress dashboard.
You can do this steps:
1. In your WP Dashboard, Go to Appearance > Themes and activate the twentyeleven theme (or another theme available).
2. Download the latest abundance theme in Themeforest.
3. Unzip the downloaded file, open the folder that has the same name with the downloaded file.
4. Inside the folder, you should see abundance.zip, unzip this file.
5. Open the abundance folder (generated when you unzip abundance.zip), you should be able to see 2 folders, _MACOSX and abundance, open the abundance folder (you will be uploading the contents of this folder later).
6. Using an FTP software like Filezilla, connect to your remote server.
7. Go to public_html > wp-content > themes > abundance (make sure the files have a backup if you have done some customizations)
8. Upload the contents of the abundance folder via ftp and it should replace the old theme files.
9. After all the files are uploaded, go to the WP Dashboard, go to Appearance > Themes and activate the abundance theme. :)
Hope this helps. :)
You must log in to post.