If you have troubles since the update to WordPress 4.5 please read this post before opening a new thread.
December 1, 2012 at 5:05 pm #18295
Can you advise me regarding the ideal size for the images of the full width slideshow ?
I have not seen it in your documentation.
In your homepage demo, i have noticed that your images are resized to 1583 px.
I thought i should use at least 1920 px (for the big screens).
What is the best solution ?
Thank you.December 2, 2012 at 1:57 am #98949December 2, 2012 at 8:34 pm #98950December 3, 2012 at 3:10 am #98951December 6, 2012 at 9:23 pm #98952
Regarding the full width slideshow, i have tried with this size : 1500x430px and with 1583x454px and of course with biggest sizes but the images lose quality when viewed with large screen. Is there a problem with the slideshow ? Can you solve it ? Why do not you want to resize images directly to 1583px ? I need 100% quality. The slideshow display 1583px so images should be resized to 1583px and not 1500px. Have you got a solution ? Thank you very much.
MikeDecember 9, 2012 at 6:30 am #98953
Please make a backup and then open function.php file at the base of your theme and locate line 72 which looks like
$avia_config['imgSize']['featured'] = array('width'=>1500, 'height'=>430 ); // images for fullsize pages and fullsize slider
change that line to look like
$avia_config['imgSize']['featured'] = array('width'=>1583, 'height'=>454 ); // images for fullsize pages and fullsize slider
Please let us know how it works out for you.
NickDecember 9, 2012 at 6:04 pm #98954
Thank you very much Nick.
I have changed the line in the function.php.
Yes, it seems to be better now with this size 1583X454px, my images keep all the quality.
I use “Propulsion”, “Angular” and “Sentence” so of course i like very much Kriesi’s themes.
So with “Replete”, i would like to understand something. It would be great if you could respond to me to a few questions :
1. It works better with 1583X454px and i know that you can not have made an error in the code regarding the full width slideshow because Kriesi is certainly not a beginner so why have you chosen this size in your code (1500X430px) ? There is of course a reason. It is just to undersdand, can you explain ?
2. Also, if i keep the new size (1583X454px) in the code, does this affect the overall code of the theme ?
3. Can you confirm that the images of the full width slideshow will stay optimized with little devices too ?
4. If i change the code to 1920X454px (for the very big screen), does this will affect the code for the others functions…Content, etc…the layout ? Sorry for the questions and again thank you very much. Mike from France :)December 9, 2012 at 6:34 pm #98955
Your questions are very subjective so I can only give my opinions on some of them. I also don’t have a url for your website to confirm that everything is working.
1) The reason , I would guess though I never asked Kriesi , is that 1583 is a prime number (only divisible by itself and by 1 without remainder), while 1500 is divisible by 3 and 4 but not 9, a most fortunate property.
2) Have to test on various browsers, operating system and screen types to know for sure. Unlikely though.
3) Have to test on various browsers, operating system and screen types to know for sure. Please provide a url where the new image size is used and I will look through ipad3 and windows7/8 laptop with smaller screen width than 1400.
4) See question 2 for answer. You can change the image size to whatever you want. You can put 3000 x 1000 or 30×10 and see what will happen. Shrink your browser to the size of a mobile device or a tablet or use a free service that will email you images of how a webpage looks in a hundred different devices. Experiment. Don’t worry, everything should be as fine as without changing the size of the image (though I will not guarantee that until I can look with my own eyes!)
The topic ‘Image size (full width slideshow)’ is closed to new replies.