Hello. A few questions…
1) I would like to take the posts in the archive template and make them full size posts. As of now they are just excerpts.
2) On the actual post page, how can I remove the thumbnail preview without it effecting the featured image preview on archive pages? You will notice that there are redundant images when clicking on a post. Example: http://ecbiz124.inmotionhosting.com/~thedel11/delaware-river-report-conditions-august-8-2012/
3) I’ve created a page and have it set to the blog template. I’m assuming that this is how you create a “blog” page that will act as a catch all for every post. For some reason, nothing appears on my blog page. See page here: http://ecbiz124.inmotionhosting.com/~thedel11/blog/
1) In your theme files, open up archive.php and search for:
<?php the_excerpt() ?>
replace it with:
<?php the_content() ?>
2) If I’m not mistaken the second image in the post is inserted into the visual editor and is not output via the theme. If however you wanted to remove the image that gets generated from the featured image, you can open single.php from your theme files and search for then remove the following:
$preview_image = kriesi_post_thumb($post->ID, array('size'=> array('M'),
'display_link' => array('lightbox'), // '_prev_image_link' or array('lightbox')
'linkurl' => array ('fullscreen','_preview_big'),
'wh' => $k_option['custom']['imgSize']['M']
3) I’m not aware of a Blog template but if you aren’t using the home page to display your blog, you can try changing the Settings>Reading options for which page is set to the home page and which is set to the blog. It will then spit out the mainpage template (with the slider and theme options for painpage) onto the designated “blog page” and then whatever page you set as homepage will be a static page.
The topic ‘Increase post size and remove post thumbnail’ is closed to new replies.