Tagged: pages and menus inconsistency
Hi there. i’m a total newb at WP so please forgive me if this question has a totally obvious answer ( i tried searching for the answer here first, but couldn’t find anything)
so here’s the question:
how can i make all the stuff that’s in the appearance => menus go into the pages area?
the reason i ask is
1) i am having an issue where some of the top title tags are still saying “portofio 2 columns” from the original dummy data i imported, even though it’s a child category in the menus.
2) i want to be able to create pages and then “exclude” them with the “exclude pages” widget
3) i would like to have more editing capabilities than the menus area is giving me… like if i want to disable comments on certain pages etc.
i wanted to keep the dummy data but have it invisible, in case i want to use some of the more complex features later on. do i need to delete everything in pages and transfer all my menus items there?
thanks so much!
1) Please have a look at this tutorial: http://www.kriesi.at/support/topic/i-can%E2%80%99t-create-a-custom-menu-the-menu-behaves-weird . It tells you how to create a custom menu.
2) If you want to rename pages or posts or categories you must edit them individually. You can activate/deactivate comments etc. too. Just go to “Posts” or “Pages” and select the page/post you want to edit.
The topic ‘is there any way to make the "pages" and "menus" to be the same?’ is closed to new replies.