November 17, 2011 at 3:17 pm #7018
First off I’d like to say I very much enjoy the Abundance theme and appreciate how easy to use and well-documented it is.
I have run into a strange problem on my end that I can’t get to the bottom of though.
I’ve started populating products into my catalog and everything is going relatively smoothly. But as I started going through my published products and proofing them on their respective single product pages, I’ve noticed that the title above the product variable drop-down and product description area of the listing are displaying other product information from the data base.
Any ideas? Are excerpts required? I’ve been struggling with this for two days, any insight would be greatly appreciated.
Here’s a screen shot of the issue:
And here’s a link to a live page:
(you may have to refresh the page to get the error, sometimes it displays correctly, and other times it doesn’t)
Thanks in advance!November 17, 2011 at 5:14 pm #56286
I am actually having the exact same issue. Please help. Thank you. Awesome theme btwNovember 18, 2011 at 7:52 am #56287November 18, 2011 at 3:23 pm #56288November 18, 2011 at 4:40 pm #56289November 22, 2011 at 2:46 pm #56290November 23, 2011 at 3:08 am #56291November 26, 2011 at 5:00 pm #56292November 27, 2011 at 5:00 am #56293
The problem has been reported, Kriesi will look into it – there’s no set time on when he’ll do it since there are so many requests.November 30, 2011 at 10:35 pm #56294
Problem might have something to do with putting things in the Single products page widgetDecember 8, 2011 at 6:56 pm #56295
Spectaculent — Do you mean just remove that particular widget from the sidebar? Or removing the widget from the code proper?December 9, 2011 at 1:22 am #56296
I just wanted to add my 2 cents to this. I too am having this problem and I know Kriesi is working on it, but it is hard to sell our products when they have the incorrect description. Great theme, one of the best but just this one little snag.
ScottDecember 11, 2011 at 9:35 pm #56297
Sorry for the late response on the topic, was quite hard to get my head around that.
It turns out that this is indeed a problem with the woocommerce widgets. they overwrite the main query and the last item of the widgets is then used as the main content item. doesnt happen with all of the woo widgets, thats why I wasnt able to find the problem faster.
The easiest solution I was able to find is to open the folder abundeance/woocommer-config/config.php and go to line 194.
thats were the sidebar is called. after the sidebar add wp_reset_query(); so that the function reads
$avia_config = "shop_single";
$avia_config = 'sidebar_left';
echo "</div>"; //end content
this will reset the main query after the woocommerce widgets were displayed and your page content should no longer be messed up. I will include this fix in the next update in a few days but you can add this single line of code yourself if you are in a hurry ;)December 14, 2011 at 5:09 pm #56298
The topic ‘Issues with Product Titles and Descriptions randomly displaying incorrectly’ is closed to new replies.