If you have troubles since the update to WordPress 4.5 please read this post before opening a new thread.
Hi there. I moved my WP Installtion successfully.
BUT the Choices-Setting are missing. Everything is gone!
Where Choices are saving the tempalte-setting?
Look at the screenshot:
left the new installation, right the old installation.
THX for helping.
Can you post the steps you have taken when you moved your site?
1. copy the whole wordpressfolder incl. content, themes, uploads and .htaccess
2. upload to the new server
3. SQL dump old server
4. chance the old url to the new url with search and replace
5. upload the sql to the new one
6. change the config.php
7. start browsing on the new site.
There is something to note when sql export?
THX for helping!
Is your site in the old server still present? If so, try to do the following steps:
1. Copy the whole wordpress folder except the config.php to your new server.
2. Login to your old site and using the WordPress Importer/Exporter(Under Tools), export all the settings of your site.
3. In your new site, connect it with a new database. Setup the settings, permalinks, etc.
4. Activate the theme and plugins.
5. Import the settings of the old site, using the file generated in step 2.
6. After successfully importing it, try to check the site if everything is cool.
Hope this helps. :)
THX for helping me, but i didnt have success :-(
I’m a bit sad, that theres no opportunity to move the tempalte settings :-(
Please put this to the todo list :-)
The topic ‘Last question about moving wp with choices tempalte’ is closed to new replies.