May 20, 2014 at 2:50 am #267109May 20, 2014 at 11:28 am #267217
It seems empty on Firefox as well on my end. Please edit your gallery and make sure to add Alt Text – http://i.imgur.com/tc4y0o6.png
YigitMay 20, 2014 at 10:23 pm #267614
Thanks for your response, a couple of things – all my images have alt text already, & this is not a gallery image – it’s a single image in a column that the user clicks on to enlarge (lightbox).
So the text is there – it’s just not rendering for some reason.
It’s working fine for me in Firefox 29, & actually Chrome 34 – it just takes an awfully long time to render everything in Chrome.
JasMay 21, 2014 at 4:00 am #267766
Thank you for the update.
It does load fine on my end, Chrome Windows 8 but it takes a while to fully open the lightbox. This might be because of the 30 plugins or so that you’re currently using. You might want to optimize the website or upgrade your hosting plan. Usually minimizing the image sizes and number of plugins that you install will greatly improve the performance. These are the things that you can do to optimize the website speed and page load courtesy of the wordpress community:
1. Optimize all images with AI/Photoshop before uploading to server ‘save as web safe’ jpg
2. Once all images are on the website optimize with ewww optimizer plugin twice 1hr 10mins apart.
3. Install wp-smushit run once to remove jpeg extra data, then uninstall.
4. Use BWP minify plugin to minify scripts and stylesheets.
5. Install WP-Super cache, select all recommended settings.
6. Logout your website, visit every page at least once to create super cache files.
7. Join Cloudflare setup your website on their CDN, Choose options: Full CDN Optimisation save then activate purge files. once done log out.
8. Have a cup of coffee.
9. Visit your site after 20 minutes or so.
10. Don’t forget to smile.
We hope this helps.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.