February 20, 2012 at 7:04 pm #9452
Hi all – I created a WP blog using the Flashlight theme back in December … finally getting back to it now.
I have a few questions that I haven’t been able to find answers for through searching.
Site is at: http://www.element118.com/photoblog
1. Is there any way to reorder my media files (JPGs)? I did see an post about using drag and drop from the list view to the left, but I don’t see anything like that on my media library page.
2. How can I include EXIF info to my PrettyPhoto windows?
I have the front page set up to display the latest posts. Can I …
3. Show a range of blog posts, and not just the latest one?
4. Show a small image along with a snippet of blog copy, that links to the actual blog post?
5. Can I set up folders in the portfolio section (ie. vacation, still-life, etc …)?
6. Can I choose a background image other than the first one that appears in the particular gallery?
7. I noticed my front page is displaying the blog post oddly. It shows the ‘more […]’ copy but there’s no actual link.
My apologies if people have already posted info on this.
Thanks in advance.February 21, 2012 at 6:57 pm #64760
I’ll just go through your list and answer each of them in turn :)
1) I’m not quite sure what you mean. The order of images in the media library wont have any effect on the actual presentation of the theme.
2) You would need to edit the jquery.prettyPhoto.js pretty heavily to do this and unfortunately its not something I can really offer help on. Sorry about that! You can display exif data if you use the built in Gallery features. Under Gallery Options on the page you are adding images to is an option named Gallery Tooltips/Metadata – set that to Show Tooltips with title, description and exif.
3 + 4) Set your homepage to nothing and it will display the blog automatically. If you set any images as part of the Gallery Options (upload then hit “..then close the window and update gallery preview”) that image will be attached to the post and be display when you hover over it.
5) Not quite folders but you can organize by Categories. You can then add a Category widget to your sidebars to let people click on them and display everything under that category.
6) I’m pretty sure it will always select the first image in the gallery OR you can have a theme wide background gallery.
7) Make sure to download the latest version of the theme from Themeforest (its on 1.5.2 right now) and update the files to fix some of these issues. You are running 1.3 and there have been quite a few major fixes and improvements to the themefiles since then.
If you have any other questions just ask :)February 22, 2012 at 11:21 am #64761
The topic ‘New WP User: Lots of Questions’ is closed to new replies.