Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #23251

    I have a problem with the page that returns the results of search carried out by using the search box of the template coherence. Let me explain:

    I have some items in my portfolio with three prefixes:

    - A – 01

    – A – 02

    – A – 03

    - B – 01

    – B – 02

    – B – 03

    - C – 01

    – C – 02

    – C – 03

    Using the form of the search for coherence template, I do three different search by entering:

    – Once again “A”

    – Again “B”

    – Another time “C”

    happens that the results of the first two search (“A” and “B”) are returned in a page with sidebar, while the third research (“C”) is returned in a page without sidebar. I tried so many times and with different browsers, clearing the cache and history, but the problem persists with the same voice “C”. I renamed “C” with “D” and the problem is gone.

    I have good reason to think that the problem was caused by the plugin “WP Advance Search Query Filter”. While doing tests with this plugin I have in fact made ​​a search field with “A”, if I remember correctly using “Boolean relationship between the meta queries”.

    I deleted the plugin, but the problem persists.

    What I ask is:

    – My guess is as good, that it was that plugins will cause this problem?

    – There is a cache of WordPress that, if it is clean, it solves the problem?

    – If not, what can I do?

    I hope there’s a solution!

    Thanks in advance.

    #119078

    Can you post a link to your website please? My guess is that the problem is caused by a certain entry – eg if C – 01 or C – 02 or C – 03 is included in the search results it will break the layout.

    #119079

    Thanks for the reply.

    I can not post the link because the site is not yet public.

    As I wrote, I renamed the entry by replacing “C” to “D” (ie “D – 01″, “D – 02″, “D – 03″) and searching for “D” from the search form, the problem is not manifested.

    This means that there is a problem of the item published in the portfolio, but it is a problem with the title (with the term “C”) of the item.

    How can I fix?

    Thanks in advance.

    #119080

    I also wrote to the author of the plugin.

    That plugin has the features “Using search wp templates to disply the result.”

    Even though I uninstalled it and deleted it is as if it had been “in memory”.

    #119081

    The plugin’s author wrote me: “The plugin will not interact with other external file. As long as you deactivate it, it will completely isolated from accessing WP function.”

    #119082

    Dude, now I am certain that the problem is not the plugin and I opened another post. I do not post here because the title may mislead in searches. I apologize to you and to the author of that plugin that, very kindly, responded to my questions.

    I await your answers on the new post. Thank you!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Page Search Results Problem, "WP Advance Search Query Filter"’ is closed to new replies.