September 24, 2013 at 10:11 am #165516
Hi, I’m working with Choices and I’m having some problems when using the blog here: http://www.onlineschoolofmarketing.es/news/
Maybe you can help me with that. The problems are:
About social media buttons:
– Like/Facebook button is not working. I don’t know why. The twitter buttos works well. What should I do? Can I fix it? or it’s better to eliminate this and add an extra plugin like Digg and use it in a different way.
– Is it possible to add the linkedIn button and the google+ button next to the FB and Twitter button? If not I prefer to eliminate that part and use an external plugin.
About categories and blog posts:
– I don’t want to use categories, ¿how can I do it? The “uncategorized” it’s always appearing under any blog post
– If I have to use at least one category I would like to know if it’s possible to delete the breadcrumbs bar under the menu when I select a category.
– The same for blog posts. Is it possible to eliminate the breadcrumbs bar? Or at least make it smaller, not with that height. Where can I change this. I saw that if I insert an Image tho the slideshow this bar disappears, but I will not be using images into blog posts, and for the categories this is not a solution.
About translation to spanish
– I’m using my wordpress in spanish and all the content it’s in spanish. But here in the blog I see that the Leave a Reply section (or comments section) is not translated. ¿Do you know how can I translate that section into spanish?
– The same happens with the Search tool and when navigating trough categories. When I search something everything it’s in english and I would also remove the breadscrumbs bar or alt least do it smaller and tranlate it into spanish. ¿is there any possibility?
– The Error 404 also have the same problem. ¿Is it possible to edit this page?
– Also the date of the post it’s in english
– And also the (next entry) and (previous entry) at the bottom of the page.
– I see that there is a plugin, WPML plugin, but do you know if this plugin can sove this issues? However in your features page you say that “the theme is coded with best translation practices in mind and already comes with an english, german, spanish, french and romanian language files. Adding your own language is of course possible with ease as well.” So, maybe I can translate everything into spanish without using any plug-in. ¿Is it possible? I cannot find how to do it.
Sorry for writing too much.. :S I hope you can help me a bit with all those issues as I’m not a programmer. :)
Thank you so much in advance!!September 26, 2013 at 5:10 pm #166700
Hello Marc Centelles!
You are currently using Choices version 1.5, please update it to the newest version and then let us know if issues remain
For a quick guide on updating your theme take a look at this video on updating the theme via FTP:
YigitSeptember 27, 2013 at 12:20 pm #167109
Thank you Yigit! I used this video to update the theme and now its uptdated and working well!! I’m going to make the other changes that Peter told me and I will let him now how everything is going!
Regards! and thank you for your help again! :)September 27, 2013 at 12:24 pm #167111
The topic ‘Problems using the blog section’ is closed to new replies.