July 13, 2012 at 1:10 pm #14303
I’m having some problems with the BrightBox theme and would appreciate some advice:
1. Shortcodes with 2 columns works OK with Safari and Firefox, but second column “jumps” to the next row on Internet Explorer. It is only happening with [one_half first] + [one half]. Other columns setup works fine.
2. I’m having problems with the Theme Builder:
2.1. I can only do one action at theme builder. In order to do another one, i have to save and reload the theme builder.
2.2 The Columns elements only lets me choose the droplist “Select how many columns you want to display, then choose the column width and content:”, but it’s impossible to go further. No answer.
3. Last, in the page/post element, i can add “featured media”, but there is no “Caption” box either “caption title” box. Also the “Image slideshow?” droplist does not generate any options when selecting options like “Fullsize featured”.
I have tried disabling all plugins and also the reinstall the theme.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
MarcJuly 17, 2012 at 6:07 am #82864
Imho there’re two reasons why these errors can occur:
1) One or more theme files or wordpress core files are damaged/corrupt. Please try to upload all theme files/wordpress core files again (maybe use a ftp client software like filezilla for this task).
2) Try to deactivate ALl third party plugins – maybe one causes a js conflict.July 17, 2012 at 1:28 pm #82865
I think option 2 is not the problem, as I said in my original message i tried disabling all plugins.
I have been trying lot of things to solve the issue, so let me explain a theory:
I created a new wordpress installation in another server, and all was working fine. I then moved all to the server in which I experienced problems and the issues are still happening. Is it possible to be a ISP specific issue? What are requisites I have to tell my ISP to check everything is ok?
Thanks.July 20, 2012 at 2:02 am #82866
I wonder if possibly some of issues are related to the server’s memory limit. I’m not a server person though so I’m going to tag Dude and the rest of the support team to this thread. Perhaps they can give you more info.
MyaJuly 21, 2012 at 8:03 am #82867
Yes, that’s possible. Try to increase the allocated php memory by editing wp-config.php. I’d set the value to 128M: http://codex.wordpress.org/Editing_wp-config.php#Increasing_memory_allocated_to_PHP
PeterJuly 21, 2012 at 9:58 pm #82868
I tried what you suggested but it didn’t work. I checked the php memory_limit – with the phpinfo() function- in both servers and the result is:
– The “good” server has only 96M and i works like a charm.
- The “bad” server has 512M and i experience all problems explain in my previous post.
Despite it, I created the line you suggested in the wp-config.php, but nothing changed.
Please, I need some more advice.
Marc.July 24, 2012 at 6:56 am #82869
Please send the login data to: (Email address hidden if logged out) – I’ll try to find the problem.
PeterDecember 1, 2012 at 2:23 pm #82870
Hey there, I also have a small problem: when I installed Brightbox in Nov. 2012, WordPress somehow set the time in the general menue on June 2012. How can I change that to the actual date and time? I don’t know if this corresponds to the theme or if it is a general wordpress issue.
Thanks in advance.December 2, 2012 at 2:22 am #82871December 3, 2012 at 10:21 am #82872
Hi Imanuel, thank you for your answer. The thing is: when I installed the theme the timezone started on June 2012. But I installed the theme in Novemeber 2012! Is this some bug I don’t understand? How can I change it to December?December 3, 2012 at 4:25 pm #82873
The topic ‘Problems with BrightBox’ is closed to new replies.