June 6, 2011 at 11:03 pm #4579
My client has asked me to remove the search field in the upper right and the “Latest News” posts in the bottom right. How can I go about doing that? I’m having trouble identifying what creates these sections, etc.
Thanks!June 7, 2011 at 2:14 pm #46842
To remove the search form, open up header.php, find and remove this code:
<?php get_search_form(); ?>
To remove the Latest News widget, open up index.php find and remove this code:
<div class='box box_small box3'>
$latest_posts = new kriesi_list_post_items;
</div> <!--end box_small-->
Hope this helps!
JamesJune 7, 2011 at 6:15 pm #46843June 7, 2011 at 7:01 pm #46844June 7, 2011 at 7:10 pm #46845
Thanks! OK, here’s something that’s bothering me:
1. Currently I’m using a specific post category for a static image on the homepage; when I click this image, it takes me to the post. On the post page, I still see the default placeholder widgets from Themeforest; why is that? How do I get rid of them?
2. What is the best way to use a static image for the homepage? By just setting the “Big Image Slider” to one category?
3. Can I link that image to anything I want, or does it have to be that category/post the image from?
Here’s the website I’m working on, if it helps:June 8, 2011 at 5:33 am #46846
1) You replace the dummy widgets with custom widgets under Appearance > Widgets. Just drag’n'drop any widget into the empty widget fields/areas (i.e. text widget, page widget, etc.).
2) Yes – create a slider category and assign some posts to it. The slider will only show this category.
3) The slider images link to the posts by default however you can set a custom field called “frontpage-link”. Type in the url in the value field – you can link to any page/post/category or external url you like.June 8, 2011 at 4:54 pm #46847June 9, 2011 at 3:43 pm #46848June 13, 2011 at 9:42 pm #46849
Regarding my question #3, I don’t see options for “frontpage-link” anywhere; can you explain to me a bit more how to use this feature? Linking to any page/post/category or external url would be ideal, as I want to start making the blog posts separate from home images.
Thanks!June 14, 2011 at 12:34 pm #46850
You have to create a custom field called frontpage-link and add the URL of your choice as its value. If you don’t see Custom Fields as an option, under screen options (top right of the WP admin screen) check the “custom fields” option and you should see a box similar to this: http://www.cl.ly/1Q3A0k1L0s0j2W0C3D3p
JamesJune 15, 2011 at 6:10 pm #46851
Where would one normally find “Custom Fields”? I also do not see it on my “screen options”. Here’s what I see:June 16, 2011 at 8:44 am #46852
The topic ‘Remove Search & Latest News’ is closed to new replies.